Mandalay Bay & Mandalay Square

P_McLane

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was driving today on Blairstone Road between Mahan and Miccosukee and was shocked at the speed and density of this development. It is VERY impressive coming around the turn heading toward Miccosukee Rd. I don't think there is quite that kind of density anywhere else in Tallahassee. Has anyone else been by this development lately?

I was driving today on Blairstone Road between Mahan and Miccosukee and was shocked at the speed and density of this development. It is VERY impressive coming around the turn heading toward Miccosukee Rd. I don't think there is quite that kind of density anywhere else in Tallahassee. Has anyone else been by this development lately?

I saw your pictures above TJ, and they are great. However, the pictures did not give the same perspective as far as seeing it in person when you make that drive from Mahan to Miccosukee Rd. I don't even know if a camera can give the same depth perception you get in real time. :dontknow: Nevertheless, to me it looks impressive.... it jumps right at you. BTW, I hate the siding too.

Taurean, Nice nice pix, I drove by yesterday and it does look very impressive indeed. The one thing that strikes me, is that the very nice rock walls they are using througout the project, it makes it look very desireable, and quality... I want to go there when its done.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo, I may have to retract my earlier statement about the ugly color of these buildings, and the roof/siding color. It appears they're being painted so I'm going to reserve judgement for now, I still can't see how they're going to make the siding match the shingle color but we'll see! :rolleyes:

^ I'm interested in knowing just how many units this complex will end up having? It is HUGE. Every time I drive by it seems like they've started the framing on another 4-6 buildings. Rachiroo, I also noticed they've started the painting. Seems like they're going for the multi-colored look alternating dark & light.

Nice to hear they are painting the cheap look siding. Does the paint job make the siding look more like real wood to you guys that have seen it? What light and dark colors are they using?

Have the Crappy Myrtles gone in yet? If not, you know they are coming in full force. :)

Nice to hear they are painting the cheap look siding. Does the paint job make the siding look more like real wood to you guys that have seen it? What light and dark colors are they using?

Have the Crappy Myrtles gone in yet? If not, you know they are coming in full force. :)

Archived