Davie County ranks among fastest growing

twincity

Davie County has been making some noticeable strides in the right direction lately. First, wanting to join PART and now learning that the county ranks 12 in growth rate in the state and 1st in the Triad. thats some encouraging news not only for the county but for the whole Winston-Salem metro. Its obvious that Davie is positioned to take off in growth...literally.

found this quote interesting:

"Davie County is so centrally located that it's not uncommon to hear of someone who drives to Charlotte to work from Davie County,"

Are the W-S and Charlotte metros starting to blend? i knew one day it would happen.

article

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mocksville is a nice town. I used to always pass through there from US 64 heading towards the mountains. Also, i dont think the commute for I-40 to Winston isnt bad either so thats encouraging new residential development for less stressful commuting too. Mocksville also has a business park at the US 64/I-40 juncture so that helps entice more progress to the area.

The Dell plant is located much closer to the Guilford Co line. Davie Co. is enjoying much of its phenomenal growth due to low taxes and large tracts of developable land. Let's not forget that Davie Co is home to I believe the only "incorporated" gated residential community in the state, Bermuda Run.

Most of Davie's growth is from Mocksville east towards Winston-Salem along US 158/I-40. There are numerous custom built developments with very few homes priced less that 250K. Mocksville itself is growing into quite a nice community, with a New Super WalMart and a new Lowes Hardware opening in the past year. I see many years of quality controlled growth for the Mocksville/Eastern Davie area. People in these communities are much more aware of uncontrolled strip development like "Clemmons" and will try to avoid it. I would expect great things out of Advance, Bermuda Run, Kinderton, and Mocksville.

Town of Bermuda Run's Website

hey guys, I rarely post, but it's nice to see some talk about where I grew up. I grew up in Advance, actually closer to Bermuda Run/Hillsdale, and I have definitely seen the place change dramatically, especially in the Hillsdale/I-40/801/158 corridor.

I think it really is set to boom as soon as people realize how close the NE part of the county is to W-S, takes 15 min. to get downtown, and how close it is to charlotte, it takes only 45 min. to get to the northern suburbs.

Of course that means more sprawl, just look at Kinderton in Davie County, it's supposedly 'new urbanism', but when you have all the homes in one area, one strip mall, and the village center across the Interstate, it doesn't exactly say 'get out and walk'.

By the way...No part of Tanglewood is in Davie County, it is all in Forsyth. If it was, forsyth county would be milking Davie for as much money as possible to help with upkeep, etc.

A large soccer oriented park is planned in Davie County though, along the Yadkin River at I-40, just before you get to Kinderton going West, that's a good thing I think.

Anyway, just thought I would chime in on the old homestead, I live in the Triangle now (for the past 6 years) so any time you want to debate the triad and triangle..I'm your man.

- Eric

Archived