Beautiful KC Aerials by GRID

ShowMeKC

Thanks to GRID at the KC forums, we have awsome up to date aerial photos of KC...

Looking from Crown Center to the Loop and the River

IMG_7990_sized.jpg

Aerial of the Power and Light Building

IMG_7802_sized.jpg

Metropolitan Condos and The View Condos

IMG_7792_sized.jpg

909 Walnut Lofts/Condos

IMG_7811_sized.jpg

The Truman Sports Complex, home of the KC Royals and KC Chiefs. A vote will come April 4th on whether or not to renovate them and add a rolling roof. If approved, the NFL has granted us a Super Bowl for 2015.

IMG_7827_sized.jpg

Arrowhead Stadium looking toward Downtown KC

IMG_7836_sized.jpg

The Central Business District looking south, H&R Block's new home has been capped out and is finishing construction.

IMG_7808_sized.jpg

Over Barney Allis Plaza looking toward the Central Business District

IMG_7803_sized.jpg

Commerce Bank complex, it has 3 towers, the third is behind the tallest tower and can be seen to the right of it. This is a view looking Southeast

IMG_7807_sized.jpg

Looking toward the Downtown Library Lofts. The Downtown Library parking garage can be seen in the lower left.

IMG_7805_sized.jpg

Sprint Center Arena under construction

IMG_7796_sized.jpg

H&R Block's new headquarters, the surrounding blocks will house the entertainment district as well as condos. to the north of the tower will be a 22 floor condo tower.

IMG_7800_sized.jpg

Bartle Hall Convention Center

IMG_6002_mod.jpg

Midtown to Downtown

IMG_6146b_mod.jpg

Westport, Midtown and Downtown

IMG_6144b_mod.jpg

The Country Club Plaza looking Northwest

IMG_6130_mod.jpg

Crown Center, the tower crane for the 14 floor Federal Reserve HQ can be seen in the foreground

IMG_6186_mod.jpg

Looking west into the Loop

IMG_6017_mod.jpg

South down Main Street, the center is the Central Business District. If you look to the NE, you can see the construction over the freeway of the Bartle Hall Ballroom.

IMG_6025-A.jpg

Looking NE into the plaza

IMG_6124_mod.jpg

Plaza to Downtown

IMG_6100_mod.jpg

Country Club Plaza looking east

IMG_6094_mod.jpg

Quality Hill to Downtown

IMG_5996b_mod.jpg

Downtown Loop looking NNW

IMG_6012_mod.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent... I left all development/skyscraper forums for about 8 months. Tried to go back to SSP (even wrote a letter that was about 4-5 paragraphs long to the Admins and Mods)... I was let on for a while by an Admin (who thought the vote was over) but it turned out the vote was still going on and when it finished, it turned out to be no (i won't say anything more about it)... So I went back to the KC Forums and here.

Kansas City is one of the few major US cities I haven't visited yet... It looks great. My father traveled a lot for business when I was growing up, and he used to say Kansas City was one of his favorites. He thought it was clean, pretty, and well organized.

What is Country Club Plaza? Also, does KC have light rail?

- Garris

The Plaza is an urban shopping district (Crown Center is too, but they are very different)

http://www.countryclubplaza.com/

Photos of the Plaza:

http://kc-photos.com/?q=node/42

KC doesn't have light rail. Sadly, the original plan failed and it seems metropolitan residents are addicted to their cars. (most are unwilling to walk 4 blocks to another location, especially Downtown)

I'm just glad it's not closer. A parking lot that size doesn't belong Downtown... It's hard to have tailgating in parking garages ;) (and it'll be hard to fit 80,000 spaces there.

Of course all that parking could be greatly condensed if it was in a parking ramp. Granted it would be more expensive and the ramp would be huge.

I also found the cable-staye convention center to be an interesting concept.

I forgot to update you all on recent happenings...

If the voters in Jackson County vote yes on renovating Kauffman and Arrowhead stadiums, the MLB said they will give us an All-Star Game between 2010 and 2014...

That means the Super Bowl, and the All-Star Game are on the line with this vote. Not to mention that the teams have the option to leave the city/county if they vote no.

Archived