Architecture Organization

Rizzo

I guess its time to use the college credits in network administration - I can set up the website server and host, but thats as far as I can go... I really lack the coding/developing skills :)

I'll PM you if this thing goes any further.

EDIT:

I guess the best thing will be to start off small and work this untill someone says stop :) Maybe test the waters by offering a publication stocked full of interesting tid bits about downtown and putting it on news stands to see if it would gain interest?

Maybe a publication could include articles by local developers, architects, and people interested in architecture?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No No No.......Do not refer to it as an Architectural Review Group. There is a negative mental stigma about that right from the start. It sounds like an architectural review board for a subdivision.......

Nitro,

My apologies. I've been saying "ARG maytee" for the past two days. CNN ran the story about the Pirates off the coast of Africa all day yesterday. Present Day Pirates

I'm a computer science major at MSU so my areas of knowledge are coding. Specificly php, javascript, and obviously html. I also have some skill when it comes to layout design but I have little skill with graphic design, I'm not the artistic type although I can do it just no quarantee it would be pretty, haha. So yeah, let me know if your interested.

I don't know if we would want to stray to using a website first, but it seems to have a lot of benefits.

Low startup\operating costs seem to stick out in my mind.

I'd like to hear from Ted, and all the other architects that frequent or lurk... after all its architecture we would be discussing ;)

I always liked that after the great fire in Chicago was "Build it great or don't build it" (of course I'm paraphrasing). They didn't really push on style over the other, they just wanted quality. I'd love to see developers in Grand Rapids do the same. :)

Joe

Just don't let any cows near downtown GR :P

I always liked that after the great fire in Chicago was "Build it great or don't build it" (of course I'm paraphrasing). They didn't really push on style over the other, they just wanted quality. I'd love to see developers in Grand Rapids do the same. :)

Joe

Are you suggesting we burn things? :w00t:

Archived