CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Food Lion and Bloom

gs3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That should be 14, just north of Pelham Road. After you pass the Salsarita's on your left, look to your right and you can't miss the site. :thumbsup:

Is this area considered Greer. I thought most of the businesses down that way had a Greenville address. But hey I could be wrong. We all know how Greer's city limits are like octopus's arms. They are everywhere. :D

That should be 14, just north of Pelham Road. After you pass the Salsarita's on your left, look to your right and you can't miss the site. :thumbsup:

Thanks Skyliner. Is this location going to be a freestanding Bloom or a new shopping center?

Much of that area is in Greer. Greer has considerably more land-mass than Greenville, if memory serves me correctly. :unsure:

That area is not in Greer City Limits some of it will be, but not on that side of the river. But it is in the Greer Zip Code. Taylors has the largest zipcode, 29687, but Greer has two large zipcodes 29650, 29651. And Greer City Limits actually fall in zip codes other than these such as Taylors, 29687, Lyman and Duncan.

That area is not in Greer City Limits some of it will be, but not on that side of the river. But it is in the Greer Zip Code. Taylors has the largest zipcode, 29687, but Greer has two large zipcodes 29650, 29651. And Greer City Limits actually fall in zip codes other than these such as Taylors, 29687, Lyman and Duncan.

Thanx. Thats what I thought. But hopefully the city limits thing, at with Greenville anyway, won't be an issue for much longer. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Odd that the Bloom on Pleasantburg didn't go into the old Harris-Teeter/former Bi-Lo space in that strip mall diagonally across from the current Bi-Lo; when I was a kid growing up close by, the area that Bloom is going to was considered the 'hood. Glad that Bloom is hopefully going to help improve the area, which has started to turn the corner in recent years.

The Bloom at Bridges & Holland in Mauldin is coming along. Walls are going up.

The one on Highway 14 on the Eastside is moving along too. Anybody know the scheduled grand opening dates of any of these? Haven't seen anything and their website doesn't list the dates yet.

Keep in mind the sign was just put up and everything is under construction. The base will either have stone, brick, or prefab stucco panels, and/or possibly plantings, so it won't just be stuck on the pole. I guess when it opens, we'll see. The ones in Charlotte I've been in are upscale, though not to the Whole Foods or Earth Fare level.

Odd that the Bloom on Pleasantburg didn't go into the old Harris-Teeter/former Bi-Lo space in that strip mall diagonally across from the current Bi-Lo; when I was a kid growing up close by, the area that Bloom is going to was considered the 'hood. Glad that Bloom is hopefully going to help improve the area, which has started to turn the corner in recent years.

Well you have to remember, that's if you know, there is a shoe store in that space now. G.B. Shoes or something like that.

Well you have to remember, that's if you know, there is a shoe store in that space now. G.B. Shoes or something like that.

Well aware, thanks, as I went to that store last week. Surprised though that Bloom wouldn't find a way to squeeze into that center, though, perhaps via an expansion; it was a good grocery store location for a long while, with people heading up Mauldin Rd./Pleasantburg Dr. to Augusta Rd. and vice-versa and doing grocery shopping en route.

• 3 weeks later...

Drove by this afternoon and lights are going up in the parking lot at the Bloom on Pleasantburg. Also there was a truck at the loading/unloading dock. Looks like they are close to opening.

Another plus that is coming out of this Bloom store is the fact that the Bi-Lo across the street (corner of Maludin and Pleasantburg) felt the need to landscape their parking lot and otherwise spruce up their store. Any improvement is welcome!

Archived