Downtown on St. Patty's Day

shane453

Oklahoma City

Friday March 17, 2006

St. Patrick's Day

NCAA National Wrestling Championships

It was a busy weekend for downtown and inner city retailers in, perhaps one of the busiest on record. More than 1000 cases of beer and more than 60 kegs were delivered to Bricktown restaurants, bars, and clubs! I went down to check things out on on St Patty's Day. There were tons of people downtown, and even as late as 2:00 I had to wait 15 minutes for a lunch table at the new Rio del Fuego Mexican restaurant in Lower Bricktown.

Note: It was a cloudy day so I had to mess with the brightness/contrast/etc on the computer to make things show up right. Sorry about the blurry/dark/weird pictures... ;)

Starting off in Bricktown

Walking in Bricktown on the second level walkway on the upper canal.

alex.jpg

Bourbon Street Cafe

bourbon.jpg

Canal and Miller Jackson

bricktown3.jpg

People waiting at a restaurant (Might be the Bricktown Brewery?)

bricktown.jpg

There is a vacant corner parcel along the upper canal, one of the last remaining pieces of land in upper Bricktown. I can't imagine what they're asking for lease or sale!

canal1.jpg

I found a leprechaun! (though he was rather tall.) He wanted to know where my green was.

leprechaun.jpg

I liked the sign on this "Mercantile" building. The top three floors are for rent in the building.

mercantile.jpg

New Nonna's Ristorante and Gift Shop across from the Ballpark.

nonnas.jpg

The block party! A surface parking lot was turned into the center of the St Patrick's Day Festival. There was green beer, bands from 12-12, and moonwalks.

party.jpg

After Bricktown we headed off to the CBD and Myriad Gardens to walk off our lunch.

A MetroTransit bus goes by the Galleria and Gardens

bus.jpg

The Colcord Hotel will have 150 luxury hotel rooms, the Soleil restaurant, and in the basement a nightclub called XO.

colcord.jpg

CityPlace scraping the sky.

cp.jpg

Skyline from the Myriad Gardens

garden.jpg

garden2.jpg

Ducks frolic beneath I.M. Pei's Crystal Bridge.

bridge.jpg

This picture with the solitary man going up the stairs was pretty lucky.

manlargebright.jpg

Skirvin Hilton has scaffolding up

skirvin.jpg

skirvin2.jpg

Finally, here's the "Teepee Church," a Deer Creek landmark with a $3 million renovation grant, in far NW suburban Oklahoma City.

church.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived