"Come to Hartford, I Swear Its Fun!"

Luca Brasi

This slogan is an embarrassing. You can fault the city officials who approved this as much as you can fault the agency who sold them this lemon. It makes a positive statement and then gives the perception there is a reason to doubt it.

Can you imagine "You're in good hands with Allstate, we swear" or "McDonald's - I'm not lying, I'm loving it" or "ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports - swear to God!" LOL...

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know... i wasn't sure that the title of this thread was the actual slogan until i read all the posts... i thought it was a joke... since it's not... that really is the worst slogan for ANYTHING i've ever seen or heard... sounds like they couldn't think of anything better, were drinking a bunch of beers and someone said laughingly "how about 'i swear it's fun'?" and for lack of anything better, they accepted it and gave up.

you know... i wasn't sure that the title of this thread was the actual slogan until i read all the posts... i thought it was a joke... since it's not... that really is the worst slogan for ANYTHING i've ever seen or heard... sounds like they couldn't think of anything better, were drinking a bunch of beers and someone said laughingly "how about 'i swear it's fun'?" and for lack of anything better, they accepted it and gave up.

It is actually a quote from a young lady who was partying in Hartford that was printed in a NY Times article about Hartford. It was not a bad quote, in fact is was encouraging to hear it in that context. But to use it as a marketing slogan is beyond ridiculous. It makes it seem like we think we're pathetic.

It is actually a quote from a young lady who was partying in Hartford that was printed in a NY Times article about Hartford. It was not a bad quote, in fact is was encouraging to hear it in that context. But to use it as a marketing slogan is beyond ridiculous. It makes it seem like we think we're pathetic.

I think it was a NYC girl who MOVED to Hartford and lives in a new apartment downtown.

either way...it gets more ridiculous every time my eyes go over the title of the thread.

I hope that billboard off of 84 is down by now

I like the Rising Star campaign because I think it's an accurate description. At first I thought it was kinda corny, but it has grown on me.

Maybe this whole "I Swear..." campaign is just to get people to like the Rising Star one. :lol:

Ive read this billboard and recently heard the question arise on why are these billboards mainly in the Hartford area? We know (most of us) what is going on in Hartford, even if people dont go downtown they read the paper, see the news, etc. and even someone new driving through the city is not going to break there schedule and stop in the city because of the billboard (although hopefull they will come back later). We need to get a new slogan and find ALL the right places to put it

Archived