Pitch Your Burg: Grand Rapids Victorious

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of all the images available they use the Flouride Monument? Not exactly flattering, in fact I say Durst. Why not use a picture of the Federal Building?

Honestly, you could use an image of anything to describe the city better, the bridges, the Fish Ladder, the AGP, the freakin' Calder! But the Flouride monument?

Also, where's the love for the Calder? or Meijer Gardens? They're within five miles, right? That's the second-largest cultural institution in the whole state! Have to say, I'm disappointed.

Of all the images available they use the Flouride Monument? Not exactly flattering, in fact I say Durst. Why not use a picture of the Federal Building?

Honestly, you could use an image of anything to describe the city better, the bridges, the Fish Ladder, the AGP, the freakin' Calder! But the Flouride monument?

Also, where's the love for the Calder? or Meijer Gardens? They're within five miles, right? That's the second-largest cultural institution in the whole state! Have to say, I'm disappointed.

Especially since the flouride monument is now toast! :lol:

Great work jayblogger! We should all be checking the on-line travel resources to make sure Grand Rapids is well represented. Let me know if anyone needs pictures. :thumbsup:

Does this guy actually travel to the places he writes about? If not, he really did some homework.

"We are fortunate that an anonymous GR resident fan then rose to the challenge of writing up his burg far, far more comprehensively than we ever could or would."

"We are fortunate that an anonymous GR resident fan then rose to the challenge of writing up his burg far, far more comprehensively than we ever could or would."

after talking to Chris, I got the feeling this "anonymous GR resident" was from his circle of influence and not the UPGR world. it might be a regular member or lurker... but we won't know until someone comes forward and claims authorship. not that they need to do that or anything; staying anonymous is perfectly cool. but the speculation will mount since Project X is kinda played out at this point.

Morels? In GR?? Who knew?

Yeah, I'm not sure what that's about. There is a big morel mushroom festival every year in Mesick (south of Traverse City, northwest of Cadillac, {insert derogatory statement about small Michigan towns here} ;) ) ... but I didn't know they grew down here near GR.

Yeah, I'm not sure what that's about. There is a big morel mushroom festival every year in Mesick (south of Traverse City, northwest of Cadillac, {insert derogatory statement about small Michigan towns here} ;) ) ... but I didn't know they grew down here near GR.

When I lived in middleville in the middle of like 40 acres of forrest, people always came asking permission to go "Morel Hunting" on our land... :huh:

Archived