River House or Tall House

Time

Sunday's Real Estate section of the paper had an add for Tall House, with a slightly different look. It stated that occupancy will be sometime next year. So who do you think will start the building process first? I will still go wtih RH, but i am starting to get skeptical.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me I think Tall House has started pretty off good so far, I think thats my pick. It seems like this project apeared overnight and plowed through, that sounds like a winner.

I called the contact listed in the paper for TallHouse. She said 9 units were reserved already, and they had a ton of interest, next week there is an informal meeting to show plans of the building, and floor layouts.

She also killed my hopes by telling me that the condos were starting out at more than originally expected. :blush::cry::angry:

I called the contact listed in the paper for TallHouse. She said 9 units were reserved already, and they had a ton of interest, next week there is an informal meeting to show plans of the building, and floor layouts.

She also killed my hopes by telling me that the condos were starting out at more than originally expected. :blush::cry::angry:

I also wonder what he Assoc. Fees will be there, as that's a pretty central location which typically commands a high montly costs (IMHO)

I also wonder what he Assoc. Fees will be there, as that's a pretty central location which typically commands a high montly costs (IMHO)

I worry that if I don't get in on the condo craze in GR soon, I might be permanently priced out of the downtown condo scene. I'm the right age, right demographic, and no kids.... DT makes so much more sense than a house, and I was hoping TallHouse would be the right fit.

Until something decent is built for the 100-150k housing crowd, it looks like a large block of DINKS like myself are out of luck.

I worry that if I don't get in on the condo craze in GR soon, I might be permanently priced out of the downtown condo scene. I'm the right age, right demographic, and no kids.... DT makes so much more sense than a house, and I was hoping TallHouse would be the right fit.

Until something decent is built for the 100-150k housing crowd, it looks like a large block of DINKS like myself are out of luck.

That's hard to find in any downtown. I'm going to say RiverHouse will go up before Tall House.

Northender, I'm in the same boat, and a condo is the only way to go. To be in the 100-150 range you have to make sacrafices such as location, or size of unit. Union Square, Boardwalk apartments (which will be turned into condos soon), and Hillmont condos in Heritage Hill all start in the low 100's.

I was just at RH yesterday and they said construction was going to start May 1st, so based on that info. I would guess RH will finish first.

Northender, I'm in the same boat, and a condo is the only way to go. To be in the 100-150 range you have to make sacrafices such as location, or size of unit. Union Square, Boardwalk apartments (which will be turned into condos soon), and Hillmont condos in Heritage Hill all start in the low 100's.

I was just at RH yesterday and they said construction was going to start May 1st, so based on that info. I would guess RH will finish first.

You can get a condo in either Plaza Towers or Tannery Row right now for under $150 maybe not 2br/2ba but you'll have your condo.

You can get a condo in either Plaza Towers or Tannery Row right now for under $150 maybe not 2br/2ba but you'll have your condo.

327/mo and 257/mo for association dues respectively? EEeeesh. :sick: (I know, I know, it's the price you pay, it's just a lot in my head)

Archived