Kleman Masterplan?

LandArch

Hello all,

I'm working on a class project and was wondering if anyone knows where to find a copy of the Kleman Masterplan rendering? I came across a small thumbnail copy of it but the quality was very poor.

The project requires a response to an RFP to create a "signature" place in Tallahassee. Each student was assigned a specific type of place such as those covered in the book "People Places: Design Guidelines for Urban Open Space" edited by Clare Cooper Marcus. Luckily (or not ;) ) I was assigned urban plazas. I've chosen Kleman as my site and wanted to gather as much information of the plan for the site as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

I'm working on a class project and was wondering if anyone knows where to find a copy of the Kleman Masterplan rendering? I came across a small thumbnail copy of it but the quality was very poor.

The project requires a response to an RFP to create a "signature" place in Tallahassee. Each student was assigned a specific type of place such as those covered in the book "People Places: Design Guidelines for Urban Open Space" edited by Clare Cooper Marcus. Luckily (or not ;) ) I was assigned urban plazas. I've chosen Kleman as my site and wanted to gather as much information of the plan for the site as possible.

I'm not the best person to be replying to this (I don't work for the city), but have you check talgov.com? They have a lot about the different projects going on in the city.

I did a google image search and found this: http://www.tallahasseecenter.com/images/plan.jpg

Hello all,

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee LandArch!!! :yahoo:

I've got several site plans for Kleman Plaza on my computer at home. I'd be more than happy to send them to you if you like. There are details available on Talgov.com but most of that information is generic. I'll see what I can scratch up for you, when I get off work. Meanwhile, how would you like the information delivered?

Hey TJ and everyone else, I think we've mentioned this before, but don't you think that the IMAX should have better lighting at night? I really noticed this when I was waiting around on the trolley for 7 days. That map/globe looking design at the corner of Duval and College could really "pop" at night!

Also best I recall there is NO sign for the IMAX from the interstate like I've seen in other cities for their IMAX. I'm talking about the State issued brown type of signs like they have for the Tally Museum at the Cap. Circle NW exit. There should be one at exit 199 (Monroe) for the IMAX. Maybe there will be once they widen I-10????

LandArch

I've done a search of my computer tonight and I'm only able to find this digital image in my Kleman Plaza file.

KlemanPlaza.jpg

All of my other documents on the Plaza are on Hard Copy, some black and white. I'm not sure if ithat's what you want. A good idea would be to contact the city's Planning Department and request a copy of whatever you're looking for.

TJ, thanks for the images...i'm sure they will be of some use.

------

i like the idea of lighting the IMAX...i like to see something like a celestial projection onto the small corner plaza...or something on the side street (not sure the name) of the IMAX which seems a bit under appreciated even with the wide sidewalk that is screaming for some life.

take care

PS, i like that SketchUp model...what a great program!

Archived