Some neat art for Cola...

thefuture

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of art for Columbia, this morning on the South Carolina Business review, a five minute radio spot each morning on SC Educational Radio (NPR), Accessility Columbia was featured. It's going to be a series of art installations along Main Street demonstrating the history of Main Street. All of SC who listens to NPR in the morning got to hear about it. It will run for a month, from April to May.

Speaking of art for Columbia, this morning on the South Carolina Business review, a five minute radio spot each morning on SC Educational Radio (NPR), Accessility Columbia was featured. It's going to be a series of art installations along Main Street demonstrating the history of Main Street. All of SC who listens to NPR in the morning got to hear about it. It will run for a month, from April to May.

Accesibility Columbia looks like a real neat event. You can view locations of the artists at:

http://www.accessibilitycolumbia.org/

Cool...you hear anymore about the art project that's supposed to go at the square in front of the art museum?

I did hear the other day that it will be a water display with some corporate sponsor paying for it. I did not hear details but did hear it will have a "WOW" effect. I really hope this is true!

I did hear the other day that it will be a water display with some corporate sponsor paying for it. I did not hear details but did hear it will have a "WOW" effect. I really hope this is true!

There is already 1 fountain/waterfall in the plaza, facing the Carolina First Building. As far as I'm concerned there can never be too many unique fountains. I just don't like the standard, run of the mill ones. I hope the second fountain in Five Points has more pizazz than the first.

Archived