Future Skyline Renderings

Rickydavisfan21

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is another view. This is Charlotte around 2010. Enjoy!

cltlocation2.jpg

Thats a great view! I was trying to do something like that for Richmond's future skyline. I was wondering if anyone who has done something like this, has any special programs you use.

Hey there! Im from the Richmond forum and I was admiring these pictures you guys made of the future Charlotte. Its really a beautiful city, and I was wondering if anyone has any specific programs they use to make those future skyline creations? Thanks :)

Here is another view. This is Charlotte around 2010. Enjoy!

cltlocation2.jpg

If you are still updating this one, here are some comments:

- The park would take out the row of buildings along 2nd/MLK, which you retain in the image

- The Power site across 2nd/MLK would be redeveloped by Novare by 2010, and almost certainly have a tower.

- The Packard/ 222 South Church site would be redeveloped by Novare by 2010

- The Trinity project would be done by 2010 with a solid 10 story building on the block of the Polk building

- The Gateway station extends all the way to Graham, and the tall tower you show would not be there, but at the corner of 3rd/Graham.

- I highly doubt the federal courthouse will be done by 2010 across Caldwell from the Arena

- UNCC would likely be built by 2010 at Brevard and 9th

- 300 S Tryon would likely be built by 2010.

- The AACC would go on a sliver of the parking lot between Wachovia's new tower and the convention center, and would be ~6 stories tall.

- aloft would go at 4th and College

Hope that helps. I'm not sure if that is part of the scope of what you were trying to do, though.

When you update the redering I wonder if it is Possible to but a tower on the 300 S Tryon Block.

One on the 200 S Church Block (The Old Pakard Building, where Angry Ale's is at)

and finally (drum roll please)

T-H-R-E-E-E-E-E Towers. Yes three towers on the old Duke power building site.

That is where Novare is planning on putting up to Three high rises of condos and mixed use development.

I would also say that if the park is moved up, that Furman is also looking to line the back of the park with mid-rises and possibly even high rises. (12-25 stroies)

I am sooooo freggin pumped !

BTW, EXCELENT JOB !!!! :thumbsup:

A2

I will update the picture shortly.

In the meantime enjoy this shot of the future Charlotte at night.

cltskyline.jpg

HOLY CRAP !!! I think I need to change my boxer's ! :lol:

I thought for a minute I might have been looking at some other metropolis. Possibly a segment of Hong Kong.

Could it really be ....

little ol' Charlotte

AWESOME JOB RYEPOW !!!! I mean it

A2

Thanks guys,

A2, my next picture will be horizontal or looking at the skyline from the ground. I will need to get a few pictures of downtown one day soon to do it. I will try and create a couple of different angles since they are building from all sides. It seems everytime I create one of these pictures, a couple of days later a new building is announced and I have to go back to add them. Like everyone here, I wish I could see the rendering for the new Wachovia building since it will most likely be a big addition to the future skyline. I got tired of waiting around so for now all the picures you see are mockups and probably won't look close to what I created.

Here is the before and after shots.

BEFORE

cltskyline1.jpg

AFTER

cltskyline2.jpg

Either way, you have outdone yourself. I appreciate the massings, as I believe they are accurate.

The architectual detail will come once we get some real renderings.

I believe the height is correct in all of your shots. As a matter of fact, when I fist saw your detail, I really thought you had some inside knowledge to final rederings.

The NASCAR tower and Museum are awesome, as is Epicenter and the VUE.

Maybe you can squeeze Citadin and the Novare projects in on your next photo outing. It is truly a thing of Beauty what you have rendered. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I am sure many others thank you as well.

A2

Archived