Future Skyline Renderings

Rickydavisfan21

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are really excellent Ryepow. Thank you so much time for putting in the effort, and sharing them here!

Just to be helpful, I noticed that in this latest photo, the Vue is in the wrong spot. It would much farther left than you show, above the stadium lights. You can see all the lights for Graham Street, running between the Polk building (which will be a ten story building), and Cityview Towers. Vue would go just above the Cityview Towers.

I love what you did with the Wachovia tower. I hope they have the same level of plans for it themselves :).

Love what you have done, wish i had that creative urge. One thing, shouldn't the NASCAR HoF be closer to the Westin instead of the Arlington. I know it must be hard work so dont take this as a jab bc i like what you have done.

Anyone think 210 Trade/ Berkman/ Vue or any other towers will likely not get built? If so which one. I think the Vue is pretty much a given, just wondering if the Trinity Polk project, 210 Trade, or Berkman don't have a good chance making it. Also anyone wanna guess on height of the new 3 towers novare's developing and what's up with the Renaissance site twin towers? Sorry about the questions been away a while.

Anyone think 210 Trade/ Berkman/ Vue or any other towers will likely not get built? If so which one. I think the Vue is pretty much a given, just wondering if the Trinity Polk project, 210 Trade, or Berkman don't have a good chance making it. Also anyone wanna guess on height of the new 3 towers novare's developing and what's up with the Renaissance site twin towers? Sorry about the questions been away a while.

I'm with A2 on 210 Trade. He said (when i posed the question) that he felt 210 Trade had so much build up and what-not, that it would probably be built. You can check the thread, it was posted pretty recently and it pretty much reiterated what I was thinking when posing the question.

I heard, although the Vue, has been a little slower, that it most likely will go up. In fact, someone I know told me today that they are actually combining 2 penthouses to 1 for one buyer. I wish I had that money. :)

I think Berkman is the best bet of these 3 not to happen. But I have no specifics on it other than what I read on these boards.

Earlier today as I was waiting to get my hair cut, I was reading a magazine called "Charlotte Real Estate" or something similar. It is the April 2006 edition. There is a huge artice about all the condo activity. The section on 210 Trade said it is a fully financed project with no pre-sale requirement, and all indications are that it will be built.

Something else that caught my eye - The Park will supposedly have units ready for occupancy by summer 2007. It seems that they would have to build at a tremendous pace to accomplish that, but I guess since the foundation is already in place it could happen?

Earlier today as I was waiting to get my hair cut, I was reading a magazine called "Charlotte Real Estate" or something similar. It is the April 2006 edition. There is a huge artice about all the condo activity. The section on 210 Trade said it is a fully financed project with no pre-sale requirement, and all indications are that it will be built.

Something else that caught my eye - The Park will supposedly have units ready for occupancy by summer 2007. It seems that they would have to build at a tremendous pace to accomplish that, but I guess since the foundation is already in place it could happen?

I knew it!!! (about 210 Trade) hahaha. Actually that is great to hear. The part about the Park seems interesting. It seems like (by all signs) this is a go, but from my understanding, it still doesn't have a full building permit. It only has that $7 million one that won't cover the full construction.

I need to talk to Ghazi's lenders.

I think the Park is realistically able to be completed by then because I believe it will be a steel framed building rather than concrete. It should go up much quicker.....and we all know EIFS is pretty quick to install.

• 2 weeks later...

Uptown monthly magazine has a 2 page rendering of uptown - it's not as forward looking as the ones previously added in this thread (only looking out the next 5 years or so and focusing on residential projects), but it looks pretty good.

It also leaves out the Third ward park in favor of surface parking...

Uptown monthly magazine has a 2 page rendering of uptown - it's not as forward looking as the ones previously added in this thread (only looking out the next 5 years or so and focusing on residential projects), but it looks pretty good.

It also leaves out the Third ward park in favor of surface parking...

That was definately a decent rendering, but it still left a lot to be desired with the WB project and many others that were left out (ie Midtown)

I did like the massings for 2nd ward though and the density is simply incredible.

It is definately worth picking up. It also has a great article about Tryon House, the ring neighborhoods, and various interviews with prominet people of Charlotte describing what we will see over the next five years with the changes in transit, arts, and my personal fav the Skyline.

I loved Furman's comments :wub:

He simply stated that by around 2020 one would be hard presssed to find one surface parking lot inside the loop !

Now that is what I am talkin' bout !!! That's less than 15 years away people !!!! :)

Can you imagine the density and height of 277 being completely filled in.

I love Charlotte ! :wub:

A2

Yeah thats a nice skyline for the future but I would like see a even more for the city then that.

You will, don't worry. By 2020 Midtown, Southend and SouthPark will all have their own skyline. Soutpark is already in the making. :)

It is the second largest Business District in the two Carolina's with over 45,000 people working there daily. That is not bad considering Uptown is just around 65K.

SouthEnd will Blosom simply because of the Light Rail project and the Zoning.

Midtown will pop with the addition of highrises included to, or in close proximity to the Grubb Project, Pappas Properties, and of cource other prolific projects lining 277 like Royal Courts, 615 EM, and many many others.

Remember Furman just said inside the 277 loop. This is amazing people. You really have to think about how many projects are coming on line to realize the true change taking place. It is really surreal.

A2

Indeed here is a rendering from a surreal future balcony in downtown Charlotte.

Is that really supposed to be Charlotte?

Creepy birds keep cropping up, huh? :) Those are some of the creepiest yet.

Well, I'm sure there won't be surface lots, but I'm thinking South McDowell's skyline will be 10-15 story buildings, 2nd Ward will be 5-10 story buildings, Caldwell's skyline will be 15-20 story buildings, and then between Brevard and Pine, we'll have our 20+ buildings.

I don't think we can hope for that many office towers over the next 20 years. The banks will be capped away from exponential growth like they had before. Also, they'll be growing into new regions, so they'll have to put a lot into those regions.

Hopefully, something will happen to get concrete and steel prices down again. Deflation in those materials would be great.

I hope the demographic shifts will continue to support highrise residential living, even without similar job growth uptown.

Archived