Future Skyline Renderings

Rickydavisfan21

I hope it looks better than the rendering in the Uptown Magazine. That rendering left out a lot of stuff anyway, and made the wach tower look like a pencil. <_<

I think that they might have left off the other Novare project in that rendering. However they were on target with 300 S Tryon. that building might be pretty sweet. I am really liking how it "stair steps up" from the proposed park.

Actually I have a copy of that rendering. It does leave off 222 Church, not to mention the Three tower complex on the old Duke site.

Man we are going to have some serious density. The more I look at the picture I like how the park is going to be positioned. My only concern is that it still want be as large as I want. I say skip the AAA stadium and build the back side of the park with condos and close it in entirely.

If you look at the rendering it might look kind of out of place. We will have BofA stadium, A power sub station, A HUGE parking deck, and then plop, a AAA stadium. Not very appealing IMO.

A2

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. I'm opposed to having the Knights in the middle of all that. They should go in Southend, if anywhere. I actually have that rendering with me, too. They left out the NASCAR tower, the 3 novare towers, the packard building, the park condos, the citadin can't be seen on it, and the midtown towers. The density in 2nd ward is crazy. Hopefully it wont all be low rise. Hopefully the Vue won't be that wide... 210 trade looks taller than hearst...

Do you guys realize how many empty blocks there are? I say fill up two of them with a AAA baseball stadium with a 20 year lease, and in 20 years when it is obsolete or we get MLB, tear it down and resell the land.

Avoiding the building of it doesn't help our skyline.

Do you guys realize how many empty blocks there are? I say fill up two of them with a AAA baseball stadium with a 20 year lease, and in 20 years when it is obsolete or we get MLB, tear it down and resell the land.

Avoiding the building of it doesn't help our skyline.

But don't you think that if we avoid building the AAA Knights stadium that Furman would move in to fill the back side of the Park. I would love to be overlooking a skyline and a Park???

I just don't like how there will be too many big bulky things plopped right down next to one another. It does not add to the pedestrian nature of our Streetscape and really cuts Thrid ward off into a Park and then several Large Blocks of Stadium, Power Sub station, Parking Deck, and AAA Baseball Field. I don't know it just does not mesh when I look out how it all fills in. Maybe I am just not seeing the whole picture D. Don't get me wrong I HATE :angry: Parking Lots and wold love nothing more than for them to be gobbled up, but I am not sure I like the grouping of everything the way it is planned currently.

A2

Exactly. I'm opposed to having the Knights in the middle of all that. They should go in Southend, if anywhere. I actually have that rendering with me, too. They left out the NASCAR tower, the 3 novare towers, the packard building, the park condos, the citadin can't be seen on it, and the midtown towers. The density in 2nd ward is crazy. Hopefully it wont all be low rise. Hopefully the Vue won't be that wide... 210 trade looks taller than hearst...

yeah the Vue does look rather silly, almost looks like it was just shrunk and widened.

A2

Yea, I dont think they were going for accuracy that much. Trademark looks taller than Carillon as well. Did they add portman plaza on there? Or is it just me?

yeah. that is also quite silly. I can't even believe they bothered. It looks ridiculous. I question how that can even be considered an office building. If you sneeze you might miss it driving by.

A2

Yea, it seems as if this was made in the last second. Anyway, looking at the rendering, the lot inbetween Trademark and FaP looks prime for condos/apartments, w/e. It would fill in a nice gap. Anyone know who owns that?

The Church. I would suspect they will hold out for the highest bidder. It is a GREAT lot though !

A2

Okay, so I finally got to see the rendering in Uptown magazine.

Guys, that is just another angle of the exact same 3d image that has been popped up in various place for the last six months. That part of it without the future towers is in quicktime on CCP's website:

http://www.charlottecentercity.org/nav.cfm...=115&subsub=79#

It is put together by Little, Consulting Specialties, and Skyscraper Digital.

The most obvious errors are that they have the base of The Vue as the full block, so it make it look fat and stubby, whereas it'll only be a quarter block at 5th and Pine.

Wachovia's is just as much a guess as all of our guesses. They might just want to increase the girth and height as even Wachovia has shown a bigger tower than that.

In general, I think it is very high quality. They plugged all this into a 3d rendering program. Hopefully they'll correct their errors, as I'm sure we'll see more variations on it, just as we have in the past.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me that the 3D rendering (flythrough) doesn't have ANY of the new towers in it, and in fact has the Cornerstone tower massing in it instead (which we know isn't getting built).

I don't see Vue, 210, or Trademark.

I keep seeing that damn Cornerstone Tower (I really hate the block-long setbacks) so often that it makes me think they might be building the damn thing...

Oh, and one more thing, Center City Patners, quit making stuff that works only with IE.

That browser happens to suck and all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me that the 3D rendering (flythrough) doesn't have ANY of the new towers in it, and in fact has the Cornerstone tower massing in it instead (which we know isn't getting built).

I don't see Vue, 210, or Trademark.

I keep seeing that damn Cornerstone Tower (I really hate the block-long setbacks) so often that it makes me think they might be building the damn thing...

Oh, and one more thing, Center City Patners, quit making stuff that works only with IE.

That browser happens to suck and all.

I'm using Firefox and it works fine for me. Also, with that rendering I cringe every time I see it. Anybody notice how massive it makes the arena look? I know it's not all perspective.

That is what I said, the CCP flythrough is the version of the exact same 3d rendering but with out the future towers (although I didn't notice that they did include 300 S Tryon).

There are also versions of the same thing that have the future towers on it that I have seen in various places with the same errors as showed up on the Uptown Mag centerfold. I think it is just part of the same project commissioned by CCP and others. Hopefully, they'll correct their errors and republish with the additional stuff. But my point is, that image is not Uptown Mag's doing, they got it from an official source which, incidentally, includes participation from a major architectural firm. The only big error is the Vue taking up the whole block. Surely that is easy to fix.

Somebody's going to have to help me out here...my moron gene is kicking in.

So, I see the 3D animation flythrough watchamadoodle and the Power Point presentation. I've been through the whole Power Point presentation (in IE since my Firefox didn't care for it) and never saw the rendering. Is it in the report? Some place else?

I'm feeling pretty stupid.

What you see in the flythrough is what I am talking about. It is the same 3d rendering. That version shown on CCP's website does not have the future towers. I have seen other versions with the future towers before, but I can't find them online now. There were some with the future towers that came out around when we were pitching the NHOF.

It is all the same 3d modeling project, but some published versions have only current buildings, others have the future buildings (including the fat Vue, and that small conehead Wachovia building).

I don't know if you have ever heard of the Blue Diamond Awards that the chamber of commerce gives out for technology, but one of the nominees was Little and Associates Architects. They created a really cool Charlotte fly through with all of the new proposed buildings and you could even zoom in and get information on each building. It was quite impressive, I don't know if this is the fly through some of you may be talking about or not.

Hahaha. YES, I'm trying to say that it is all the same thing. These are all variations and snapshots and flythroughs of the exact same program that Little did. It is all the same thing. Some versions have only the current towers, some versions have just select future towers, others have most of the future towers. The one in Uptown Mag is a snapshot from the version that has the future towers, albeit with some errors. The one on CCP's site is the one without most of the future towers.

Archived