Would you support nuclear power generation in RI?

Cotuit

Would you support nuclear power generation in RI?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support nuclear power generation in RI?

• Yes
    • Not under any circumstances
    • I'd have to hear the proposal to consider it
    • Don't know/Unsure
    • Other

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is ubelievable. How could anyone be opposed to this? This just goes to show you how pro-environment the liberal northeast really is.

But some residents of the Cape and islands have balked at the idea of wind turbines towering as tall as the Statue of Liberty on the horizon and argue that the project would convert a pristine setting into an industrial development.

I can't believe these people are this self centered and stupid. These windmills would allow these ignorant douches to maintain their quality of life while lessining greenhouse emissions. I'm fuming over this.

I can't believe these people are this self centered and stupid. These windmills would allow these ignorant douches to maintain their quality of life while lessining greenhouse emissions. I'm fuming over this.

Imagine how us natives who grew up being chased off beaches by these NIMBY washashores feel. :angry:

This is ubelievable. How could anyone be opposed to this? This just goes to show you how pro-environment the liberal northeast really is.

it would probably also make their energy bills cheaper. and i'm sure a majority of those opposed, while they have a good sized disposable income, are penny pinchers when it comes to this kind of stuff.

i think romney is afraid that it will be approved or be left up to the MA state legislature... i'm really shocked that the senate said that 1 man can say no and it won't happen.

But some residents of the Cape and islands have balked at the idea of wind turbines towering as tall as the Statue of Liberty on the horizon and argue that the project would convert a pristine setting into an industrial development.

You know, I've always thought this was a poor excuse for opposing such a worthwile project, but now that I've seen the new turbine at Portsmoutn Abbey, I find it even more of a stretch. Sure it's big, but it's so slender it's nearly invisible from a distance. Get any more than a mile or two from the Portsmouth turbine and you might not even notice it unless you were looking for it.

Or maybe these people would be happier if we built a Brayton Point in Hyannis. :rolleyes:

You know, I've always thought this was a poor excuse for opposing such a worthwile project, but now that I've seen the new turbine at Portsmoutn Abbey, I find it even more of a stretch. Sure it's big, but it's so slender it's nearly invisible from a distance. Get any more than a mile or two from the Portsmouth turbine and you might not even notice it unless you were looking for it.

I just went to see the Portsmouth Abbey turbine earlier tonight. It's simply incredible. I found it to be not much more invasive than a cell-phone tower. Yes, there was a constant low-level purr from the blades, but the noise fades away after a distance and it reminds me of the ocean, or a nearby freeway. The Abbey will be able to sell enough electricity into the grid to cover roughly half of its energy costs. The turbine should pay for itself in well under ten years. I am glad that the Town of Portsmouth is considering a turbine for Portsmouth High School - the turbine could become a small source of income for the Town. While I wouldn't line Ocean Drive with these windmills (the same way I wouldn't line it with cell-phone towers), I don't see a problem with offshore farms or sporadic towers in appropriate locations. We put up with many other things that are much noisier, taller, and intrusive. You know what they say - if it's new, it must be dangerous. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Or maybe these people would be happier if we built a Brayton Point in Hyannis. :rolleyes:

Right on. I see the turbine every day coming to/from work. It's painted a light grey to blend in with the sky...and I don't even really notice it anymore.

Sen. Kennedy really needs to rethink his position on this. He's out of touch on the Cape Wind issue for sure.

We should build some of these off our coast and help lower our electric bills!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article on ethanol in the northeast. Not sure if the company featured is the right company to try this but the overall concept is sound.

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/20...nd_for_ethanol/

It is interesting. I really don't know much about ethanol production to form an opinion though. It does seem like something worth a look. Do we know anything about the two planets in Iowa?

I have to say that when I saw it I was in awe. It really is a piece of art in the landscape. I know there are some negatives, but I support wind power completely. The personally pleasing esthetics was a bonus.

I agree 100%. I know that at least the towns of Middletown, Portsmouth, Bristol, and Warren are all considering turbines of their own, and I really hope every single one of them gets built, and soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived