So, Whats the Value of a Street Tree?

eltron

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I get a tree planted smack dab in the center of my street? I mean in the road itself. That's pretty much the only place where there is space, and it would sure calm traffic. And the road is so cracked you could actually just shove a tree in one of the cracks, no digging, no fuss. The road floods everytime it rains, so it will get plenty of water.

• 2 months later...
Which side of the building. Most of the trees on the LaSalle Square and Broadway sides at least are dead dead dead and I've been wishing someone would take them out for a long time. I think a dead tree is worse than no tree, a dead tree sends a message that the city just doesn't care.

by the by, in the span of about two weeks, we lost four trees within a two block radius over here in Federal Hill, on ring, grove and courtland. two of the trees i planted as a plain old resident about 6 years ago, two planted in the last year or so. Honest to freaking cod, federal hill is killing me. they were just snapped off, maybe hit by cars, but probably just good old fashioned vandalism. can't even blame it on the snowplows this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Jen, I looked through that website that you posted on the 1st page of this thread and I skimmed the entire thread.. but couldn't find out how the downtown neighborhood, specifically blocks with no residential units, would have trees planted there by the "The Providence Neighborhood Planting Program"... seeing as how the requirements were for 5 households to agree to participate.

just curious b/c i think downtown needs.. like literally.. about 500,000 trees planted

Jen, I looked through that website that you posted on the 1st page of this thread and I skimmed the entire thread.. but couldn't find out how the downtown neighborhood, specifically blocks with no residential units, would have trees planted there by the "The Providence Neighborhood Planting Program"... seeing as how the requirements were for 5 households to agree to participate.

just curious b/c i think downtown needs.. like literally.. about 500,000 trees planted

• 1 month later...

Archived