So, Whats the Value of a Street Tree?

eltron

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note - Im not not entirely sure that my crab apple is dead. Its pretty rough looking, but I dont know if it would be able to make a comeback. Its not as bad as I had initially thought. That being said, there are still 2 cutouts in front of the empty lot next door that are treeless since somebody in a beat up corolla thought it would be fun to mow them down a couple years ago. I also have the spot where the dead tree was that the city eventually took down. Its right at the base of our driveway though, so its not actually the best spot for a tree.

On a side note - Im not not entirely sure that my crab apple is dead. Its pretty rough looking, but I dont know if it would be able to make a comeback. Its not as bad as I had initially thought. That being said, there are still 2 cutouts in front of the empty lot next door that are treeless since somebody in a beat up corolla thought it would be fun to mow them down a couple years ago. I also have the spot where the dead tree was that the city eventually took down. Its right at the base of our driveway though, so its not actually the best spot for a tree.

• 2 weeks later...

We could use some help planting this weekend....

TIME

8:30

Pembroke Ave

START ADDRESS

50 Pembroke

TIME

10:30 AM

Tell & Knight

START ADDRESS

Corner Knight and Tell

TIME

Westminster

START ADDRESS

Westminster at Jacob Licht

TIME

1:00 pm

Third Street

START ADDRESS

Meet at 8 Third Street

you know the only reason i cut this kid on pembroke any slack was because of you--he's totally a punk and we're dropping some serious coin in the neighborhood in the form of trees and clearly no one in the neighborhood wants them and yes, you're now on permanent ignore.

We could use some help planting this weekend....

TIME

8:30

Pembroke Ave

START ADDRESS

50 Pembroke

TIME

Tell & Knight

START ADDRESS

Corner Knight and Tell

TIME

Westminster

START ADDRESS

Westminster at Jacob Licht

TIME

1:00 pm

Third Street

START ADDRESS

Meet at 8 Third Street

• 5 weeks later...

PNPP.jpg

For Immediate Release

May 22, 2007

Contact information:

Providence Neighborhood Planting Program c/o Groundwork Providence, Inc.

8 Third Street

Providence RI 02906

401-351-6440

FINAL NOTIFICATION

Street Tree Grant Deadline Approaching

The deadline for the next round of Providence Neighborhood Planting Program street tree grants is rapidly approaching. Applications must be postmarked or received by June 2, 2007 to be considered for a neighborhood planting for Fall 2007.

Over 6000 Providence residents have taken advantage of the Neighborhood Planting Program, a private organization which award groups of Providence residents with 5-20 trees on their street, providing they participate in the planting and take on the responsibility of the young trees

• 5 weeks later...

Archived