UCF Knights Football

Chemmie

Here's the link again to my pictures of the stadium and arena construction.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chemmie/sets/

There are three different sets of pretty much the same thing, but you see a progression. They are putting up about a building each week. Now they have started on a sixth building, which will be the visitors locker room and they are almost finished with an outside building that will be below the press-box and hold ticket offices. Supposedly steel will arrive shortly to begin the stadium structure.

I will get more pictures this weekend.

Also, if you haven't heard, UCF has signed a deal with Brighthouse Networks for stadium naming rights. You are looking at the future Brighthouse Networks Stadium at UCF. It is either a 10 or 15 year deal, supposedly for 1Million per year. We will find out for sure tomorrow morning at 10:30AM.

ALSO, IF YOU HAVEN'T PURCHASED SEASON TICKETS FOR UCF, YOU CAN BY CALLING 407-823-1000. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM, PURCHASE GOLDEN KNIGHTS SEASON TICKETS!!!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bright House Networks gets UCF stadium naming rights

UCF officially announced today that Bright House Networks had acquired the naming rights to the school's football stadium, which is scheduled to open in September 2007 with a game against Texas.

UCF has begun construction on Bright House Stadium, and the school is scheduled to receive $15 million over 15 years for the naming rights.

24779364.jpg

Here's the link again to my pictures of the stadium and arena construction.

There are three different sets of pretty much the same thing, but you see a progression. They are putting up about a building each week. Now they have started on a sixth building, which will be the visitors locker room and they are almost finished with an outside building that will be below the press-box and hold ticket offices. Supposedly steel will arrive shortly to begin the stadium structure.

I will get more pictures this weekend.

Also, if you haven't heard, UCF has signed a deal with Brighthouse Networks for stadium naming rights. You are looking at the future Brighthouse Networks Stadium at UCF. It is either a 10 or 15 year deal, supposedly for 1Million per year. We will find out for sure tomorrow morning at 10:30AM.

ALSO, IF YOU HAVEN'T PURCHASED SEASON TICKETS FOR UCF, YOU CAN BY CALLING 407-823-1000. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM, PURCHASE GOLDEN KNIGHTS SEASON TICKETS!!!

Hey Chemmie how much are the general admission tickets going to be.By the way Joe Burnett who is a really good football player and kid went to my school.Iam the school resource deputy at Eustis high and joe was one of my favorite kids at the school.I think he will be in the pros someday if he dont get hurt

Hey Chemmie how much are the general admission tickets going to be.By the way Joe Burnett who is a really good football player and kid went to my school.Iam the school resource deputy at Eustis high and joe was one of my favorite kids at the school.I think he will be in the pros someday if he dont get hurt

All Hail Joe!

Sideline $30

Corners $28

Endzone $24

If Joe keeps it up, he's going to be a great one. He's already good but can get better.

Everyone else, call 407-823-1000 and get your season tickets!!! Support the local team against USF, Pitt, Southern Miss, Villanova, Rice, UAB and East Carolina!!! 7 Games!!!

(I'm not affiliated, just a big fan who wants to see the numbers increase)

• 2 weeks later...

If Joe keeps it up, he's going to be a great one. He's already good but can get better.

Everyone else, call 407-823-1000 and get your season tickets!!! Support the local team against USF, Pitt, Southern Miss, Villanova, Rice, UAB and East Carolina!!! 7 Games!!!

(I'm not affiliated, just a big fan who wants to see the numbers increase)

e too Chemmie.I try and go to 2 or 3 games each year especially with my boy playing there

The 5 buildings on the one side of the field are up and almost done with the roofing and flooring. The visitor's locker room is up and has a roof. Two buildings on the opposite side of the field are under construction. That only leaves three more buildings to go up and the Knights locker room.

No steel, but pleanty of piping. All of the digging they are doing next to Wayne Densch is for plumbing from the stadium. There are some huge pipes out there to carry all of the poo.

I walked into the site and was told to leave after getting a couple shots. :shok:

According to sources, steel has arrived today for the stadium as well as a crane! Supposedly the steel is already fabricated and treated for the stadium, so all they have to do is just errect it. We'll see how things come along in the coming weeks.

Come out to the game this weekend vs. Villanova!!! Go Knights.

According to sources, steel has arrived today for the stadium as well as a crane! Supposedly the steel is already fabricated and treated for the stadium, so all they have to do is just errect it. We'll see how things come along in the coming weeks.

I swung by after your post. I didn't see any steel on site. I did see a crane up by the visitor locker room but I believe it was there to put those prefab roof slabs on the locker room. They put about 80% of those slabs up today.

I'll see everyone at the game. Go Knights :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

Today i saw the biggest disgrace for UCF student FANS! I saw how students were not being let back into the USF v. UCF game w/o a ticket, yet they were admitted into the game with the UCF Studetn ID. GREAT WAY TO KEEP THE SPIRIT UP!

if they can screw things up they surely can.They wonder why they dont get enough student support.I hop things change when the new stadium gets built.If this was something the citrus bowl did they can kiss my a--!I didnt get to go to the game but we need to do some serious recuiting for next year.Go Knights!! hope the new stadium helps but losing yesterday dont help at all.Just think if we could establish some back to back winning seasons the recuiting would also get alot better.I hate to say it but USF is way ahead of us in that area.

it'll get better. USF is now in a good position with the Big East.

UCF is in a halfway decent conference now. teams like Marshall and S. Miss. are tough. is Memphis in CUSA too or Big East?

UCF just needs to keep it up. Opening against Texas is huge in 07. very exciting.

check it out: Troy turned out to be rather good this year. Tulane beat MSU. there's alot of non-major conference teams getting really good. More parity in the NCAA than in the past. UCF will make it and make it big.

it'll get better. USF is now in a good position with the Big East.

UCF is in a halfway decent conference now. teams like Marshall and S. Miss. are tough. is Memphis in CUSA too or Big East?

UCF just needs to keep it up. Opening against Texas is huge in 07. very exciting.

check it out: Troy turned out to be rather good this year. Tulane beat MSU. there's alot of non-major conference teams getting really good. More parity in the NCAA than in the past. UCF will make it and make it big.

I agree.But we have to do a better job recuiting here in FLa.Alot of our really good players go out of state we need to try and keep some of them here.

That argument doesn't stand, because there are players on every team that are from other areas.

Thats true but if you look up and down with all the teams outside the stat alot of players are from fla>my point is try and get even whats left over from the big 3 here and we will have a top 25 team every year

Archived