UCF Knights Football

Chemmie

That argument doesn't stand, because there are players on every team that are from other areas.

I guess I'll have to elaborate. sports talk radio. UM faithfull are pissed that Coker does not control recruiting in his own backyard like Butch Davis did before he left for the NFL. As a result, alot of these good players from SoFla have gone elsewhere. In particular, many of them were on the LU roster. My point is that if UCF was better in recruiting, they could keep these players in-state, the ones that rejected UM, instead of having them go to other teams up north.

and the reason for that distinction of SoFla HS football players, is that FLA is one of the best states for HS football, otherwise, it wouldn't matter. everyone recruits down here.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'll have to elaborate. sports talk radio. UM faithfull are pissed that Coker does not control recruiting in his own backyard like Butch Davis did before he left for the NFL. As a result, alot of these good players from SoFla have gone elsewhere. In particular, many of them were on the LU roster. My point is that if UCF was better in recruiting, they could keep these players in-state, the ones that rejected UM, instead of having them go to other teams up north.

and the reason for that distinction of SoFla HS football players, is that FLA is one of the best states for HS football, otherwise, it wouldn't matter. everyone recruits down here.

Right on brother.We have some awesome talent right herer in Central Fla

If Schiano gets the call from Miami, I don't think Rutgers will be able to afford him, and he would take over recruiting in the "State of Miami", as the current Florida Atlantic coach once put it. Personally, I don't want that to happen as a FSU grad, since Miami is the antichrist, but as long as Jeff Bowden has anything to do with the recruitment of skill players on offense, I'm resigned to it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the link cwetteland. I'd love to see the size of these sections when they arrive on site. It seems like they are putting them together rather quickly considering the progress that takes place between the photos on 10/17-10/25! In some of those photos (10/17) it doesnt even appear that the footers have been poured yet. BTW, those are some massive footers. You just made a construction junkies day ;)

How does this stack up with Swamp?

the Swamp.

official capacity is over 88,000. but they pack in 92,000 during big games. THe Swamp is a concrete fortress with serious building amenities under the sideline stands (the orig. reason why I wanted UCF to stay in the Citrus Bowl or to begin with a concrete design). first class all the way. it really is.

the Swamp.

official capacity is over 88,000. but they pack in 92,000 during big games. THe Swamp is a concrete fortress with serious building amenities under the sideline stands (the orig. reason why I wanted UCF to stay in the Citrus Bowl or to begin with a concrete design). first class all the way. it really is.

We're looking at 45K with club seats and suites. Expandable to 65K.

We're looking at 45K with club seats and suites. Expandable to 65K.

These are great photos.I sure hope the new stadium helps with recuiting.I dont know why were doing so bad this year with the bulk of the team back from last year.We really need to go out and get some top notch players starting with a good quarterback and a good defensive line!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wait until they finish painting it to match the completed one. Those dorms are some of the most embarassingly tacky structures I've ever seen... I'm truly ashamed at how hideous the completed ones have turned out...

Embarassing exterior aside, however, as far as on-campus housing goes, the INSIDE of the dorms are top-notch. They're definately an asset to the university... I've never seen campus housing this nice... maid service, separate bedrooms and bathrooms, etc... It's funny to see how much on-campus housing across the country has progressed in just 7 years since I started college...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the maid service may only be for the new Rosen dorms... these are still quite fancy for "dorms" though...

I agree the new dorms by the convocation center are embarissingly ugly. I wish they would change the colors and add a brick facade to match the rest of campus. They are eye sores. Anyone else think so?

I agree the new dorms by the convocation center are embarissingly ugly. I wish they would change the colors and add a brick facade to match the rest of campus. They are eye sores. Anyone else think so?

I agree. The rest of campus looks so classy. The new dorms look like Waterford or Disney or something. It just doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for adding the pics Chemmie. I thought it would go up and out more. How many is it going to hold? I know it is expandable down the road.

45K now. The second level has only been built on the one side, because they have to put the press box up. That second level will go all the way around the stadium. It's a pretty good size.

Archived