UCF Knights Football

Chemmie

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe its 55,000-65,000 depending on the game and event. If any of you live around the area as I do than Im sure your dreading the traffic this is going to create, especially on McColluch Rd.

Six days out of the year isn't going to hurt you.

Get over it.

As I said above, it's 45K now and expandable to 65K in the future.

The arena is somewhere around 10K I think.

Six days out of the year isn't going to hurt you.

Get over it.

As I said above, it's 45K now and expandable to 65K in the future.

The arena is somewhere around 10K I think.

Really... Traffic before a game should not even be that bad. It will be a Saturday and people file in during a couple hour period. The bad traffic will be for about one hour after the games end six times a year. It's not the end of the world. If you don't venture out during those periods you won't even be affected by it.

Really... Traffic before a game should not even be that bad. It will be a Saturday and people file in during a couple hour period. The bad traffic will be for about one hour after the games end six times a year. It's not the end of the world. If you don't venture out during those periods you won't even be affected by it.

i agree as oviedo residents will have to accept the additional traffic, just like the folks over around long and easy have done for years! what i'm wondering about is on-campus arena and tailgating.

when i was dancing at ucf football games in the 90s, we went to an away game at auburn university, and the school spirit there blew my mind. the stadium is on campus and tailgating overran the place. every nook and cranny of campus was covered with fans. i understand things changed in '02 because of security, vandalism and desire for green preservation, but auburn officials did come up with a plan to encourage and contain tailgating ... that included additional restroom placement, specific tailgating areas for rvs and car parking, and green areas with picnic benches specifically for gameday.

i don't recall reading ucf's tailgating/gameday/post-gameday plan to match this new on-campus stadium, but i may have missed it ... and am interested. how organized will this be? is it going to be a sea of portable toilets like at the citrus bowl (gross), or is there a better plan? will my alumna knowledge of tucked-away, two-stall bathrooms have to suffice?

Better yet, get season tickets for the family and go to the games!!! :yahoo:

slapdash... They haven't released their "plan" yet. I'm waiting to see, too.

i agree as oviedo residents will have to accept the additional traffic, just like the folks over around long and easy have done for years! what i'm wondering about is on-campus arena and tailgating.

when i was dancing at ucf football games in the 90s, we went to an away game at auburn university, and the school spirit there blew my mind. the stadium is on campus and tailgating overran the place. every nook and cranny of campus was covered with fans. i understand things changed in '02 because of security, vandalism and desire for green preservation, but auburn officials did come up with a plan to encourage and contain tailgating ... that included additional restroom placement, specific tailgating areas for rvs and car parking, and green areas with picnic benches specifically for gameday.

i don't recall reading ucf's tailgating/gameday/post-gameday plan to match this new on-campus stadium, but i may have missed it ... and am interested. how organized will this be? is it going to be a sea of portable toilets like at the citrus bowl (gross), or is there a better plan? will my alumna knowledge of tucked-away, two-stall bathrooms have to suffice?

I just got a survey from UCF asking about tailgating plans (I'm a UCF student). It was pretty in depth and indicated there would be lots of areas they plan to use for tailgating, as well as dedicating an area as "Family friendly" with no alcohol or smoking allowed. I think this will be a nice change for UCF. Tailgating is one of the best parts of football! :)

I just got a survey from UCF asking about tailgating plans (I'm a UCF student). It was pretty in depth and indicated there would be lots of areas they plan to use for tailgating, as well as dedicating an area as "Family friendly" with no alcohol or smoking allowed. I think this will be a nice change for UCF. Tailgating is one of the best parts of football! :)

pretty cool. i wonder if they'll send one to the alumni?

SGA is fighting hard for tailgating, and I cant image UCF not allowing it, being as it is oddly enough one of our strong traditions

Its always a blast tailgating at citrus bowl, with old and young fans alike

and the seating is all metal benches I do believe

on a downer however, they are forbiddening the sale of alcohol in the stadium

which means we are just going to have to drink more outside of the stadium while tailgating

also for anyone having any questions about the UCF team, go to ucf.rivals.com

we have a killer draft so far, and an entirely new defensive coaching staff, so we are looking very strong for the comming years

1. The entire stadium, except for the club level which is for donors only, is bench seating with a bench back.

2. I got the survey too. I'm an alumni and a donor. More than likely I got it because I'm a season ticket holder and donor.

3. I don't mind the not drinking in the new stadium. That's how it is for most college campuses. Maybe it will help get people more involved in the game instead of sitting on their hands all game.

4. Our last couple of recruiting classes have been great. Maybe not this year, but the winning tradition will be starting in the next couple years.

5. Get season tickets for the new stadium!!!! It's going to be the best thing happening in Orlando!

1. The entire stadium, except for the club level which is for donors only, is bench seating with a bench back.

2. I got the survey too. I'm an alumni and a donor. More than likely I got it because I'm a season ticket holder and donor.

3. I don't mind the not drinking in the new stadium. That's how it is for most college campuses. Maybe it will help get people more involved in the game instead of sitting on their hands all game.

4. Our last couple of recruiting classes have been great. Maybe not this year, but the winning tradition will be starting in the next couple years.

5. Get season tickets for the new stadium!!!! It's going to be the best thing happening in Orlando!

GO Knights!!!

from what it seems like right now

our recruiting largely due to O'leary, the new defensive coaching staff, and especially the new stadium, has been exceptional this year

two top quarter backs, both with different styles, top defensive players, and receivers

the future is looking bright for UCF

what im curious about is the type of traditions that we are "starting" with the new stadium

I keep hearing talk about loads of new traditions, but im just curious as to how that would happen exactly

GO KNIGHTS!

I don't think NCAA allows alcohol sales @ on campus stadiums, but I could be wrong.

'Family Friendly', huh? I remember a game I went to a while back, I parked with my boss in the alumni parking lot, I guess you had to be a donor or something, and we figured it would be pretty lame. By the time the game started someone next to us had puked a few feet away from me, one of us had brought a beer bong and had gone thru a case of something nasty with it, and we had broken a styrofoam cooler or 2 by sitting on them. I think I chipped someone's bumper trying to open a bottled beer too.

Then we went to the STUDENT parking lot......craziness.

Obviously you dont travel on McCulloch Chemmie, its bad and no I wont get over it

Kind of goes with the territory when you live next the the 6th largest university in the U.S. I live off University Blvd and I expect it to be jammed. I'm counting on it. Fill the Bowl! My solution? Get there early and tailgate.

If you cant beat em join em right?

Well, that's better than sitting around beotching and moaning about traffic because you bought a house near the sixth largest university in the nation.

I'll never understand the anti-stadium, NIMBY, crowd. 6 days out of the year for a maximum of 6 hours. 36 hours out of the year, maximum, will be affected by the stadium. Yet, somehow, there were people fighting this until the end. It sounds to me like they just have a stick up their you-know-what.

Well, that's better than sitting around beotching and moaning about traffic because you bought a house near the sixth largest university in the nation.

I'll never understand the anti-stadium, NIMBY, crowd. 6 days out of the year for a maximum of 6 hours. 36 hours out of the year, maximum, will be affected by the stadium. Yet, somehow, there were people fighting this until the end. It sounds to me like they just have a stick up their you-know-what.

I agree Chemmie. :thumbsup:

Nice photos! It's great to see these facilities coming along for my "other" alma mater. The future is looking vey bright. :shades:

what im curious about is the type of traditions that we are "starting" with the new stadium

I keep hearing talk about loads of new traditions, but im just curious as to how that would happen exactly

GO KNIGHTS!

For starters, you can very likely expect a "Knight Walk" where the students and fans line the walkway between Point A (most likely the training facility) and Point B (the stadium) and shake hands, get autographs from, etc. the players as they walk to the stadium. There are others, but this is the first that comes to mind.

Speaking of tradition in the traditional collegiate sense ... what ever happened to the talk of making the dirt parking lot between the Union and the Arena/Convocation area into a lawn/mall with a bell tower/carillon and monuments/sculpture/trees/etc.? Is that still in the works? It's a shame that the sixth largest university in the nation doesn't have a carillon tower and traditional lawn yet (the grass between the library and Phillips hall doesn't count).

Im all for the stadium being built, Ive been to many games in the past (you cant beat drunk college girls) its McCulluch road at rushhour nowadays, theres a chevron gas station on the corner near the stadium at 5:30 everyday there is a mile and a half long row of cars down McCulluch it takes 20 minutes to travel 1 mile its insane. They need to widen it to 4 lanes and add a traffic light at Lockwood and McCulluch, where there is a new 5th 3rd bank being built. You know chemmie for the 6th largest school in the nation it sure has some crappy surrounding infastructure. Oh well im moving to Dr. Phillips in march so whatever.

Nice photos! It's great to see these facilities coming along for my "other" alma mater. The future is looking vey bright. :shades:

For starters, you can very likely expect a "Knight Walk" where the students and fans line the walkway between Point A (most likely the training facility) and Point B (the stadium) and shake hands, get autographs from, etc. the players as they walk to the stadium. There are others, but this is the first that comes to mind.

Speaking of tradition in the traditional collegiate sense ... what ever happened to the talk of making the dirt parking lot between the Union and the Arena/Convocation area into a lawn/mall with a bell tower/carillon and monuments/sculpture/trees/etc.? Is that still in the works? It's a shame that the sixth largest university in the nation doesn't have a carillon tower and traditional lawn yet (the grass between the library and Phillips hall doesn't count).

yea a knight walk would be pretty neat

and as far as the memory mall is concerned

from my understanding they will extend it all the way to the convocation center

right now its being used for construction related things(the latter half that is)

I'm not too sure the latest word on the clock tower, but last I heard, it was approved to go in on that long lawn after convocation construction is complete

As for McCulloch Road, are you talking about the portion east of Alafaya (between Alafaya and Lockwood Boulevard), or are you talking about the portion west of Alafaya? If you're talking about the portion east of Alafaya, I can tell you that the traffic has been like that for at least the past 11 years (I graduated with my Masters in '96 and it was horrible during rush hour back then).

You know chemmie for the 6th largest school in the nation it sure has some crappy surrounding infastructure.

The key, I believe, is in UCF moving from being a school predominantly made up of commuters into a school where most of the students (70% or more) live in dorms/apartments on-campus. Will this ever happen? I doubt it.

and as far as the memory mall is concerned

from my understanding they will extend it all the way to the convocation center

right now its being used for construction related things(the latter half that is)

I'm not too sure the latest word on the clock tower, but last I heard, it was approved to go in on that long lawn after convocation construction is complete

Thanks! Good to know it's still in the works. I can certainly understand why they're waiting to work on it with all the construction taking place on that end, still.

The "Green" area in what used to be the old dirt lot leading from the arena to the student union is starting "construction" in February through July.

Between the "Green", Brighthouse Stadium, belltower and "plaza" area around the new stadium, parking areas around the stadium, a third practice field, AirTran Airways Arena, new parking garage behind the old arena and the retail areas around the new dorms, UCF is going to have a TON of work to finish up before September when they open that stadium!

But, those dorms are already producing dividends for UCF Athletics. Saturday night, UCF had their third largest crowd in history for the Basketball game against Rice. It was an amazing atmosphere and even better that UCF came away with the victory.

Archived