Tulsa Projects

swake

Tulsa has a lot of conversion and infill projects going or coming up very soon.

First off, there are four downtown housing projects are part of the Vision2025 plan for downtown, the first three are all in the central business district of downtown. Work is likely to begin on all of these in the summer.

Story here:

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2006/03/10/1446930.htm

The former Mayo Hotel in downtown will be converted to mostly apartments. 70 for lease unit will be available. Currently the first two floors have been restored and are used for events and as retail space.

Several floors will be developed for the apartments. The 16th and 17th floor will likely be ballroom space and the 18th floor is planned as a restaurant and rooftop bar.

mayo_1-249x337.jpg

Story here on the Mayo Hotel:

http://www.urbantulsa.com/article.asp?id=3208

The Former Mayo Building (an office building two blocks from the hotel) will also be converted to loft apartments, there currently is retail on the first floor of this building. Up to 94 units will be developed in this building

ONGbuilding.jpg

The PSO building will be converted to loft apartments with some retail space, 52 lofts will be developed in this building.

monger%20web.jpg

The former Jacobs Hotel will be converted to 16 loft apartments in the Blue Dome district of downtown.

http://www.firststlofts.com/

towerview-aprts2.jpg

Other downtown projects include the restoration of the Towerview Apartments. Story here:

http://www.urbantulsa.com/article.asp?id=3182

mcfarlin2.jpg

The Mcfarlin Building is being restored as office and restaurant space. The first floor is currently retail, the second floor will have retail and a New Orleans style resturant with balconys overlooking Main. The top three floors will be office space including the devolopers new headquarters.

wallacebuilding.jpg

A large Brady District downtown warehouse has been converted into very cool office space for Wallace Engeering

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite of all of these is the McFarlin building. It's a cool building and I love the idea of a NO-style restaurant with balconies. There will also be a nightclub in the basement of the McFarlin, right?

Of course I'm also a big fan of the Philtower, the arena, and the Mayo Hotel building.

Could we get a moderator to pin this thread, unpin the 2004 Population estimates, and pin the 2005 Estimates?

• 4 months later...

Casa Bonita lost it's lease, and is gone, kind of. The location was given back to the origional Casa Bonita owner and he has opened a completely remodeled and restored version of Casa Bonita as Casa Viva.

The food is far better too.

http://www.casaviva.com/

Very interesting. I did not know that. I believe the only one left is in Denver. I think it was the most elaborate one.

Here's the newest photo of the BOk Center:

welcome_photo.jpg

And the city took proposals for development on a plot of land andjacent to the arena, and got numerous proposals, but there's only one that's public. It's a Westin highrise with 100 residential units as well and ground-level retail.

Well rumours have flown about Tulsa Hills on the other forums, but the only thing that's finalized is that it will be bigger than Woodland Hills and that so far there is only a Belk's, a Target, and a Lowe's.

You live in SW Tulsa?

Well rumours have flown about Tulsa Hills on the other forums, but the only thing that's finalized is that it will be bigger than Woodland Hills and that so far there is only a Belk's, a Target, and a Lowe's.

You live in SW Tulsa?

Yep, well kind of...I am here 1/2 the week since my wife goes to med school here. The other half I am in Fayetteville where I work. So I like to do my shopping and eating close to home. Too much time in a car if you know what I mean.

This seems like a pretty nice project for downtown. Global Development Partners out of DC is trying to do a very large scale project on the East End of downtown. 3 Hotels, lots of office/retail space, residential, and the biggest is a new stadium for the Tulsa Drillers.

Here is the website for the project:East End Tulsa

Nice "fly over" tour on the above website.

I think TIF + incentives are a no-brainer here.

Actually this project's been in the grave since 2002, and more recently when a St. Louis-based group backed out of the arena here b/c retailers could not be contracted two years ago. I do hope it does happen, don't think I don't...

Sorry for the no-show when this hit here, I had to take off from work today to cope with The Oklahoma Forum getting hacked over, I still have a lot of work to do over my up-coming 5-day weekend...

Imagine this project with the Hotel Savoy, Central Park condos and new park, the 6th Street infill...

Actually I take that back. It's looking like a no-go. I would stress that the Washington group has nothing to do with the Saint Louis group that previously abandoned the project.

Does it really sound like a no-go? And where do you get yout insider info?

I just heard an interview with Chuck Lamson who owns the Drillers and he doesn't at all make it sound like a no-go, he sounds like the deal for the stadium, while not done, is close and he would like to do it if he and Global can come to an agreement. That to me sounds like the one major stumbling block, getting the Drillers to move is the hard part. Other than that this is a go, there's no vote on public funds needed and the developers already own or have most of the land under contract. Does that sound like a no-go?

Insider info? I thought it was pretty common knowledge, everything you posted and that I posted... you've followed downtown's development since 2003, haven't you, Swake? But if you ask him I was still in diapers in 2003...

Edit: Oh I see what you all were all harping about. If you read my post it doesn't make sense, I explained some reasons why it is a go and then I said it was a no-go. I was actually in the middle of posting on another site about The Chandelier, a project on the north side of downtown OKC which was picked up by another developer last-minute... very simillar scenario but totally differant scope and size. Apologies for the misunderstanding. It's hard to keep all of the projects I follow straight sometimes, especially when your admins on an Atlanta forum, a Denver forum, a SimCity forum, and an OKC/Tulsa forum, and have numerous posts going at once. I must be going crazy...

Archived