• Atlanta
    • Houston
    • Miami
    • Charlotte
    • Nasheville

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a picture of some of Atlanta's skylines.

atl3skylines0kp.jpg

This picture here is a couple of years old but as you can see, the skyline in the foreground is part of the Perimeter Center area. The middle skyline is the Buckhead District. The skyline in the distance is the midtown and downtown skylines. Unfortunately this picture does not capture the growth of Atlantic Station to west of midtown. It also omits the Cumberland and Vinings skylines in Cobb.

BTW, I didn't vote. I think all the skylines are unique and beautiful.....for that exact reason....they are unique.

Here's a picture of some of Atlanta's skylines.

atl3skylines0kp.jpg

This picture here is a couple of years old but as you can see, the skyline in the foreground is part of the Perimeter Center area. The middle skyline is the Buckhead District. The skyline in the distance is the midtown and downtown skylines. Unfortunately this picture does not capture the growth of Atlantic Station to west of midtown. It also omits the Cumberland and Vinings skylines in Cobb.

BTW, I didn't vote. I think all the skylines are unique and beautiful.....for that exact reason....they are unique.

I like ATL skyline

Personally I like dense skylines. Gaps in the skyline give it less of an effect. I also prefer multiple skylines. One big skyline is nice but there should be something to look at. When im in downtown Houston, the view to the east towards the port is depressing, but looking west, north, or south is great. I like seeing other buildings to give me a sense of place. I guess that is why I like the skylines of Los Angeles and Houston the most.

I would love this view from Greenway Plaza

Picture096.jpg

Houston for me, followed by Atlanta.

The entire Houston skyline :D

HPIM0647.jpg

^Image courtesy of farhan007 over at SSC.

Think what would happen if you roped ALL of Houston's skyline into one and added pretty little lights?

I think it might be a little something like this:

1100003L.jpg

(ok maybe Hong Kong is a stretch, but you get the point :) )

A2

These polls always kind of show the regional bias of this forum, I guess

I love Miami but it doesn't really have the condensed "skyline" per se. Parts of Miami Beach and the area around Brickell are just as awe-inspiring as downtown itself.

Check this out - here's an urban website with some rankings of the world's skylines and some very cool pictures. I'm going to have to travel to Asia at some point and see some of these cities

Top Skylines

who likes spread out skylines and who likes dense ones?

I prefer more spread out ones, but I'd like a little density to come with it. Don't make it just a single line of skyscrapers. Put some around the buildings!

Dense ones are good, too, I just prefer more spread out ones.

Houston for me, followed by Atlanta.

The entire Houston skyline :D

HPIM0647.jpg

^Image courtesy of farhan007 over at SSC.

Downtown

000_0752.jpg

Wow that first pic is a cool view of all of Houston's two major skylines (CBD and Galleria/Uptown) including two 900' and one 1000' buildings. Too bad there is a fence in the way. Houston is impressive from just about any perspective.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love Charlotte more than any place on earth:) But being objective I had to vote for Houston.

Houston's density is quite remarkable, even though I agree with other posts that there aren't really many buildings that stand out as innovative high-rise architecture.

Archived