CONSTRUCTION THREAD: JL Mann High School

GvilleSC

Construction has finally started on the new JL Mann High School. I thought a thread might be in order since the location is in such a booming area-- Behind St. Joseph's High School, Adjacent to the Global Trade Park and The Millenium Campus, and a short walk from ICAR! It's going to be a BEAUTIFUL building when completed. I'll get some pictures soon and post them!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are they doing to the old JL Mann? Tearing it down and selling the site for single-family housing?

They haven't really decided yet that we know of and my family lives in the neighborhood right there. So, we have high interest in this matter. We're hoping for them to sell it to a developer who will develop quality single-family homes that will fit in with the neighborhood. It's zoned single family residential right now. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

• 5 weeks later...

I went by the other day and the school is actually going vertical. Just another construction project along 85 (thought not visible from the interstate). The amount of construction workers in this immediate area is amazing. Mann, ICAR, Millenium Campus, The Point... wow

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This project should be nearing completion, I believe. Doug Young (a friend of mine and the sculptor who created the famous "Shoeless" Joe Jackson statue in the West End) has created a life-size statue of a Revolutionary War patriot, which will eventually be placed in front of the school's main entrance. You may still find it waiting in his Art Crossing at RiverPlace studio. :)

This project should be nearing completion, I believe. Doug Young (a friend of mine and the sculptor who created the famous "Shoeless" Joe Jackson statue in the West End) has created a life-size statue of a Revolutionary War patriot, which will eventually be placed in front of the school's main entrance. You may still find it waiting in his Art Crossing at RiverPlace studio. :)

Archived