OK Homies, where are you originally from?

waccamatt

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born in Orangeburg, SC and lived the first few years of my life there (about 2 or so). Then moved a few miles south to Rowesville, SC and lived there for about 12 years or so. From there, went even a little further south to Branchville, SC where I lived until coming up to Rock Hill for college, where I've been since '98 (actual resident since '03).

I was born here in Columbia in 1937, went to Arden grammar school, and Eau Claire high school the first year it was opened. When I came out of HS I moved to Atlanta then to New Jersey burbs of Philadelphia, PA. I lived there for over 40 years. I came back to Columbia in 1996 to enjoy my retirement.

When I left Columbia it was VERY racists and EXTREMELY backward, which was most of the reason I left here. When it came time to sell my company and retire I looked at many cities to spend my closing years. I chose Columbia because I found it to be the vibrant, up lifting place I wanted to be.

..................................................................... :)

I was born in Sumter in 1958. When I was 4 we moved to Salley (Chitlin Salley). When I was 8 we moved to Charleston for 2 months (not my parents' kind of town). So we moved to Swansea (21 miles south of Columbia). When I was 15 we moved to Lake Marion near Elloree. A year later we moved to Santee. I graduated from Holly Hill High School, which is no longer in existence. When I was 18 I moved in with my great aunt in the country 8 miles from Bowman. When I was 19 I went to Clemson (yuck). Could only stand it there for 3 semesters. When I was still 20 I flew off to New York City and attended the New York School of Dog Grooming. After graduating from there I moved to Washington, DC, where I lived, grooming and training dogs, until I was 25. Then I came to Columbia in January 1984 to finish my college degree at USC (English B.A.). I finished in May, 1986. And I have been here ever since. Home is where the heart is.

I was born here in Columbia in 1982 and I have lived here all my life, with the exception of the 4 years that I was in college in Florida ( :yahoo: good times!!). I have traveled a good bit in and out of the country. I have faith that one day Columbia will reach its potential. I am really excited by all the changes that are currently taking place. I hope that Columbia will be the place where I want to start my family when the time comes. Its not the biggest most progressive city, but yeah I'll say it, "It's the BEST!" :thumbsup: "I mean I'm from here, what better evidence is needed!"

Born in 84, not too far from 83

Hopefully Columbia may be my next destination to finish out my education.

Born in New Brunswick, NJ (not far from Waccamatts Hometown)

Lived in nearby East Brunswick for a few years

After 6, lived in Seven Lakes & Pinehurst, NC until 2004

2002-Present, up in college in NJ.

2004 and current, in Charleston.

Born in Spartanburg in 1983.

Spent 4 years at Furman in Greenville.

Been living in Cola for the past year while attending law school.

Even though I love my hometown of Sparkle City, I've decided I definately want to live in Columbia after Grad school.

Born in 84, not too far from 83

Hopefully Columbia may be my next destination to finish out my education.

Born in New Brunswick, NJ (not far from Waccamatts Hometown)

Lived in nearby East Brunswick for a few years

After 6, lived in Seven Lakes & Pinehurst, NC until 2004

2002-Present, up in college in NJ.

2004 and current, in Charleston.

Technically I was really born in New Brunswick at St. Peters Hospital. South River didn't have its own hospital.

Another Jersey boy here!

Born in Newark, NJ in 1976. Moved to Columbia when I was 4 yo (so I consider myself southern). Left Cola for college from 95-01 (bachelor, and Masters degree) in Huntington, WV. Moved back to SC (Myrtle Beach) after graduation, then moved to Greenville after being in Myrtle for a year. I then left Greenville after being there for 2 years to go back to school (BSN) in Kentucky where my girlfriend is working on her PhD at UK. Now live in Lexington, KY and have plans to go back to Anesthetist school in Chicago, Minneapolis, or OH once my contract with the hospital is up. With all that said and done Columbia is the city that is my heart and that's my home!

Another Jersey boy here!

Born in Newark, NJ in 1976. Moved to Columbia when I was 4 yo (so I consider myself southern). Left Cola for college from 95-01 (bachelor, and Masters degree) in Huntington, WV. Moved back to SC (Myrtle Beach) after graduation, then moved to Greenville after being in Myrtle for a year. I then left Greenville after being there for 2 years to go back to school (BSN) in Kentucky where my girlfriend is working on her PhD at UK. Now live in Lexington, KY and have plans to go back to Anesthetist school in Chicago, Minneapolis, or OH once my contract with the hospital is up. With all that said and done Columbia is the city that is my heart and that's my home!

We can never have enough anesthesiologists; come on home!

Technically I was really born in New Brunswick at St. Peters Hospital. South River didn't have its own hospital.

Same hospital here too. I know South River does not have a hospital but i was just saying for the record that New Brunswick/North Brunswick is not far at all from South River :)

Born in Greensboro NC; moved to Statesville at age three and lived there until college. East Carolina University - Greenville NC - 1976-1981.

Moved to Columbia in June of '81 and have been here pretty much ever since. (Blythewood, Winnsboro, Irmo some of that time.)

Columbia and I make a good fit. I live a couple of blocks from Waccamatt in the Keenan Terrace neighborhood. I like my new home very much. Work in the Wilbur Smith building downtown. It's great being less than three miles from the office after commuting from the Winnsboro and Irmo area for several years.

And may I add - Hooray for Publix!!! Being able to duck in there for take-home sushi and a bottle of wine is the best!

Archived