MiBiz Article from GVSU Prof (Back Page)

WOT

Did anyone read the article written by the GVSU prof slamming Meijer for their choice of President? I have read this guys articles before and can't help but wonder why he is bitter about everything he writes about.

Did anyone else read that and say "do I want college kids learning anything from this guy?" :(

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone read the article written by the GVSU prof slamming Meijer for their choice of President? I have read this guys articles before and can't help but wonder why he is bitter about everything he writes about.

Did anyone else read that and say "do I want college kids learning anything from this guy?" :(

Let me guess, Ben Rudolph???? :rofl: I don't even have to look to know that answer.

Sounds like alot of profs these days <_<

What I can't figure out is that from all of his articles, it seems to me that he absolutely HATES GR :angry:

From this weeks article, I gather that there is a part of himself that is very jealous of the fact that the President of GVSU is willing to move into the private sector and have a go of it - like all of us do everyday. I would like to see him escape chains of "tenure", and have a go at the best game in town - ENTREPRENEURSHIP :D

Until that happens, MiBiz should get someone else.

Sorry for the rant, but we need teachers who are energized and can motivate our up and coming talent - so they stay in this market!

Prof. Rudolph might do well to remember a quote from legendary Baltimore Sun newsman Jack Germond.

Germond once compared the writing of a newspaper editorial to wetting oneself while wearing a dark-blue serge suit: "It gives you a nice warm feeling, but nobody notices."

Rudolph is an interesting character. Having been a student of his - I believe he says things like this soley to get a reaction. Which, in some ways can be good. At least he is keeping us on our toes.

He represents those that do not think this region has a chance. Whether he really believes that or not is hard to say - but someone has to play devils advocate.

Here's an interview with Professor Rudolph in this article:

Developers see opportunity in Grand Rapids

"They are running it up the flagpole and hoping for the best and you may not see it happen," says Grand Valley State University Seidman College of Business Professor Bennett L. Rudolph, Ph.D. "There are some that happen. Most don't but once in a while it does." :huh:

Wow, he actually said some good things about GR.

Rudolph is an interesting character. Having been a student of his - I believe he says things like this soley to get a reaction. Which, in some ways can be good. At least he is keeping us on our toes.

He represents those that do not think this region has a chance. Whether he really believes that or not is hard to say - but someone has to play devils advocate.

Devils' advocates help open minded people refine their own views. They play a valuable role in a free society! :D

I've been watching this guy for years and, in my opinion, he's always been completely off base when it comes to business reality. Pure academia. It's sad that he is held in such high regard by GVSU.

Isn't that typical of most business profs? (Sorry, I know nothing about the guy, I think he's a business prof though.) Most are teaching academia and theory. That's why they're teaching rather than out succeeding in business.

I know some have succeeded and go teach because they like it but this is rare. These are usually visiting profs. My dad (a succesful business owner) sometimes gets asked to come teach some classes but this certainly isn't how he spends his time. He's too busy putting it into practice in the real world. Interesting to note, many profs don't agree with him on many issues :rofl: .

Archived