Aloft Hotel

Florida

aloft Tallahassee Downtown

OPENING JUNE 2009

AloftExterior-1.jpg

This is an update on the previously discussed Floridan Block development. Previously we discussed the Hyatt Place hotel joining the 90,000 sq. ft. office building on the block. Now it appears developers want to move forward with a different hotel, similar in concept but a little different.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally I too want more height to bldgs. downtown, but if this one is gonna be a W concept hotel, I could care less if it was all underground in a bunker. It's a W concept that will bring hip and funk to Tally and that's something we damn sure need.

• 3 months later...

I believe this is the hotel we'll hear about in Sunday's paper and possibly the Marriott Convention center. Unless the city was successful in convencing the developer to go more upscale with this project.

An Aloft Hotel WILL be upscale for Tally and IMO a fine choice for the young demographic of our city. I'd rather have a hip/chic boutique hotel in the downtown than a stuffy pretentious conventional type hotel.

I think it's more the exterior image the city wants them to change. I'd peronsally like to see hotel/office tower, all in one type of building, with a little more height to it.

Let me guess....they want it to be bright red brick, spindly white columns and crappy myrtles everywhere? :P

Personally I like the design and if the bldg. at the old BP site is to be slightly modern in design, the two will blend well. I too could go for more height, but of course I'm just glad something is happening.

Having the cache of being associated with a W Hotel will take care of the upscale image for sure. It would be nice to have a downtown hotel lounge/bar that is actually hip and cater to the young professionals of Tally (which is a key demographic we need to appeal to!)

I like the look of this hotel...I will take originality and different over height in this case.

Archived