Aloft Hotel

Florida

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ground broken in downtown Tallahassee for new hotel on site of old Floridan

On Tuesday, history was made again when city of Tallahassee officials and developers broke ground for a new 162-room hotel on the site. The city has been working with the McKibbon Hotel Group for the past three years to bring a hotel and office complex to the city-owned site.

Click here for the TDO article

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One thing that really impresses me about this project is the amount or workers that they have on this project. Every morning and Afternoon the site is filled with construction workers and they are bustin-@$$. At the rate they are going this place will be done in no time!

I would say that ten feet errs on the conservative side. I strongly believe that it will top out at no more than 25 feet higher. Seven hotel/residential size stories probably wont end up looking too tall (half the height of the Tenny), but I think it will establish the lot nicely for the Floridan. Compared to the PP, pre-re-roofing the Aloft would likely be taller, post, it would likely not. I'm just glad to see the corner moving at all!

^Oh I am too. I'm a little confuse spc, can you rank/list in term of height the Aloft, CH and Radisson/PP with and without the new roof-top feature. I realize this is just your opinion and you are making a guess-a-ment, so I won't hold you to it if it's wrong.

I appreciate it. Height and square footage are always things I have trouble conceptualizing.

• 1 month later...

I am amazed at the rate this thing has risen. Judging from earlier posts, it seems there was nothing more than a few pillars in the ground in early July. Here we are, not even two months later, and they are on the verge of pouring the sixth story. Very impressive work. I'm almost afraid we won't have anything to see under contstruction downtown for the first time since 2004 pretty soon. C'mon Florida Retail Federation Building....

• 9 months later...

Any one notice the Long Florescent lights that travel Horizontal along the Building? They look to be about 25' long and one for each floor and staggered. They look like a dark beep purple but may look different at night. I saw them on during the day for a test run. Cant wait to see how they look at night. This will bring alot of "life" and pizazz to downtown. It wont look so dreary anymore.

Found a Picture

post-8762-1244570337_thumb.jpg

post-8762-1244570337_thumb.jpg

Archived