Britt Way Commons

blburton

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really think so? I feel that the difference here is that the proposed mall will be in an area poised for development (not just residential, but office as well) on major roads that connect to downtown Greensboro and beyond... as opposed to Mint Hill which is already sprawled all to pieces while being out in the boonies.

This mall feels as dead as the Bridges at Mint Hill.

The problem here is that it was announced so early in the process and these things take time. Just a few weeks ago the site was approved for rezoning, so it is moving forward. The wheels turn slowly.

big projects do take time, alot hurdles to jump over. Thats pretty common. Usually a proposal is publically announced in the media with fanfare then you here nothing else for about 2 to 4 years. Then also of a sudden the construction begins. The timing of the project depends on a number of factors like how large it is, the economy and other factors.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

apparently Brittway Commons is not dead.....according to the Buisnes Journal, construction started back in December on the first phase.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2...ml?ana=from_rss

I saw that article and there is currently one building under construction, but the for sale signs are new so I don't know if there has been a change of heart since the article.

They're taking the slow route because dumping 800,000 sf of retail on Greensboro at once in this economy would be disastrous.

Shoppes at Brittway has the potential to work, but there's got to be more housing infill around the site to make it viable.

• 7 months later...

Do any Greensboro residents know what is being built at the southwest corner of the South Elm-Eugene/I-85 interchange?

Its a mixed use development by Centdev out of Charlotte. It will have retail, a hotel, office space etc. So far they have agreements with Smithfields BBQ and Murphy oil, according to the company wedsite.

• 2 years later...

Archived