Exurban growth in the DC metro area

krazeeboi

• 5 months later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The end result is that whatever happens, the immediate DC suburban areas (both VA and MD) are going to be very expensive, thus the reason people move further away from DC is to escape the high cost of living. I do not believe that it is so much about the density and common flaws of living in a older/existening area. Secondly, people are seeking space/tranquility/minimized crime and good schools for their children to grow up in, hence the reason of massive suburbia in America (and in some cases, exburban small towns).

The end result is that whatever happens, the immediate DC suburban areas (both VA and MD) are going to be very expensive, thus the reason people move further away from DC is to escape the high cost of living. I do not believe that it is so much about the density and common flaws of living in a older/existening area. Secondly, people are seeking space/tranquility/minimized crime and good schools for their children to grow up in, hence the reason of massive suburbia in America (and in some cases, exburban small towns).

I agree with you that's why my parents and some of my friends move to Baltimore or it's metro.

Archived