Urban Music Village

GRDadof3

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nevermind.... I thought you had to have a myspace account in order to view myspace accounts, and that would mean that you had a myspace account, but nevermind.

I'm with ya. :rofl: Yah, I'm one of his "friends" over on the right. ;)

We still don't know if this is an Urban Music village.... do we?

Well, we know it's a "massive mixed use" project, and it is "media related". Still specUlatin.

I'm with ya. :rofl: Yah, I'm one of his "friends" over on the right. ;)

Well, we know it's a "massive mixed use" project, and it is "media related". Still specUlatin.

The Sony Center is quite an impressive place. It is massive. I'd be :yahoo: if we were getting something in that vein. Retail, office, professional, corporate... the definition of mixed use. I've got to imagine land in the S.W. quadrant is cheaper than on Postdamer platz.

^100% of thoes girls are nasty looking. Girls should just not go to a tanning booth, aparently orange pigment is the in look. ??? :dontknow:

I'm still on this Iceland thing, its quite a cool connection. What about Fjords? Dredge the Grand River deep?

I didn't see any tanned women....

Nevermind.... I thought you had to have a myspace account in order to view myspace accounts, and that would mean that you had a myspace account, but nevermind.

Yes, anyone can view myspace profiles without having an account. Of course if you want to view more pictures or link to their friends, you have to set one up. A lot of promoters use myspace for free PR to promote their events.

Back on topic, let's say this urban music village is a go, do you think it would help our local music scene on getting national attention/exposure? I do. One of my favorite local Hip-Hop groups is La Famiglia. I would guess that the big record label producers would check out the local concert scene for new talent.

and GR could be a test market for new emerging talent, which would entice larger artists to stop in GR when on tour. How many times have you checked out tours to see GR missing out? If this project brings The Roots to GR, I'm there.

Grand Rapids Represent!

From an article about radio stations understanding Hip-Hop:

"In fact, if you

Yes, anyone can view myspace profiles without having an account. Of course if you want to view more pictures or link to their friends, you have to set one up. A lot of promoters use myspace for free PR to promote their events.

Back on topic, let's say this urban music village is a go, do you think it would help our local music scene on getting national attention/exposure? I do. One of my favorite local Hip-Hop groups is La Famiglia. I would guess that the big record label producers would check out the local concert scene for new talent.

and GR could be a test market for new emerging talent, which would entice larger artists to stop in GR when on tour. How many times have you checked out tours to see GR missing out? If this project brings The Roots to GR, I'm there.

Grand Rapids Represent!

From an article about radio stations understanding Hip-Hop:

"In fact, if you

I frequently include the above thought when I consider "why GR?"

GR has no urban radio station on the FM. The closest is 104.5.

Like any town this large, there will be at least some hip hop and urban following. But for whatever reason, there is a void here in GR. Not just in radio, but not a real significant following in general, including clubs and such.

So, why GR? Like it's been said in a couple of recent threads, there is no national identity or attention. GR is not a huge tourism draw. It's barely a detour (mostly because of the lakes -- we're not like Wall Drug). I mean, we're on the only (two digit) interstate in the lower 48 that never leaves the state.

We fly under the radar. This in itself is a viable reason to locate such a project here. With little attention given here, easier to "get the job done."

Just a theory or thought process.

So we are attractive because we have a million+ in the metro and are basically a blank slate nationally? That's an interesting perspective IMO.

Another thought to the benefit of the music village: What would you do after getting signed to a record deal? I'd buy expensive stuff and party like crazy. Hopefully that will lead to higher end retailers and a better nightclub scene (which IMO is already pretty fun).

So we're all still speculating that it is an Urban Music Village even though the Interscope rumor has been dispelled. Even if it is "Entertainment / Music" oriented, it could be a million different things. GRBJ thinks its a movie studio, GR Press thinks its a record company. It's annoying. Why don't we all save some UP hard drive space and stop speculating.

I'd love to see us move into hard facts mode. The needle in a haystack speculation is getting nauseating. I feel like locking these threads, though like GRDad said, ten more would pop up in its place.

Joe

So we're all still speculating that it is an Urban Music Village even though the Interscope rumor has been dispelled. Even if it is "Entertainment / Music" oriented, it could be a million different things. GRBJ thinks its a movie studio, GR Press thinks its a record company. It's annoying. Why don't we all save some UP hard drive space and stop speculating.

I'd love to see us move into hard facts mode. The needle in a haystack speculation is getting nauseating. I feel like locking these threads, though like GRDad said, ten more would pop up in its place.

Joe

I'm with you, Joe. I want to stop the speculation and just wait. BUT, I can't resist checking just hoping the scoop will show up here!

I'd say Dreamworks as a stretch, even though David Geffen is tied to Dreamworks. I would doubt that this project has anything to do with him, or that he's even inderectly involved.

Basing that on what?

Basing that on what?

Sorry MJLO, I'll move my post to yours.

Basing that on what?

Sorry MJLO, I'll move my post to yours.

I'm with dad on that one.. Especially since we have a member who's dropped some pretty accurate hints, and has posted such enigmas as "Walking the street of dreams" or some such thing at least twice.... Just sayin :whistling:

Archived