CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Point

g-man430

Ruth's Chris seems to target business travelers and seem to either locate inside nice hotels and/or near large companies who frequently have out-of-towners in for meetings and events. That is why I see The Point as a perfect location for them. It is in an affluent area of town that will only see more corporations and hotels locate nearby. It is also close to other shopping and dining, so as not to ignore those who live in Greenville and want to have a nice meal out.

However, I have a hard time imagining Ruth's Chris in a strip center with Fedex-Kinko's and Alltel. I'm sure the inside would be very nice, though. I do not see Ruth's Chris wanting to be on Roper Mountain Road at Crowne Plaza, but maybe they see something there I don't.

Does anyone know what's going to be in the free standing structure in front of Whole Paycheck? I've heard various reports from Flemings to Ruths Chris (although I just heard that they're going to be at the Crowne Plaza property, so who knows) to an Golden Coral. I also heard that it will be a mix use building not just one store. Anyone? Thanks

CS beat me to the punch on that one. I was going to say, "the last I heard it was going to be Ruths Chris, FedEx-Kinkos, and a wireless store...but I'm sure there will be a Moe's in there somewhere, too, just for your benefit."

RT,

Thanks you literally made me lol. :thumbsup:

I'm not worried though, if and when Chipotle gets here and then Baja Fresh, the Moes Disgusting Restaurant in the world will fade into restaurant oblivion ala Morrisons Cafeteria, Genos, Roy Rogers, etc. Hey don't look at me you started it. :whistling:

Getting back to the building in front of WF, it's funny that no one has a concrete answer. Waiting for the sign to go up, waiting.....waiting.....still waiting

RT,

Thanks you literally made me lol. :thumbsup:

I'm not worried though, if and when Chipotle gets here and then Baja Fresh, the Moes Disgusting Restaurant in the world will fade into restaurant oblivion ala Morrisons Cafeteria, Genos, Roy Rogers, etc. Hey don't look at me you started it. :whistling:

Getting back to the building in front of WF, it's funny that no one has a concrete answer. Waiting for the sign to go up, waiting.....waiting.....still waiting

My pleasure! :-) I hit up a Baja Fresh out in Belmont, CA a few weeks ago ... it was pretty good. I still prefer Chipotle, though.

I've been waiting for a sign to go up on that piece of property for months - I'm beginning to doubt we'll ever see one.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the opening date for the new road through The Point? Noticed this morning that landscaping is now in the median and looks like the final level of pavement is down. Once open, this should help the flow in and out of Greenridge. :thumbsup:

I haven't been back there in a while. I didn't even know they were working on the road! I think you're right, it will help ease the traffic. It'll be good for the businesses back there too (present and future...)

Edited by GreenvilleGuy1

• 3 weeks later...

After leaving Whole Foods last night, I drove down the new four-lane road behind The Point and South Financial. The final level of pavement is not down, but the barriers were to the side. Everything else is in....sidewalks, landscaping, street lights (which were on), bike lane signs, crosswalk pavers, etc. This will be a very nice way to avoid Woodruff. :thumbsup:

One question, was this road a city project, or a private project as part of The Point? The reason I asked, the median landscaping is an exact match in type and locations to the landscaping in Millenium / CU-ICAR. I love the consistency....this one lone blvd that leaves Woodruff and parallels 85 through so many developments. :thumbsup:

After leaving Whole Foods last night, I drove down the new four-lane road behind The Point and South Financial. The final level of pavement is not down, but the barriers were to the side. Everything else is in....sidewalks, landscaping, street lights (which were on), bike lane signs, crosswalk pavers, etc. This will be a very nice way to avoid Woodruff. :thumbsup:

One question, was this road a city project, or a private project as part of The Point? The reason I asked, the median landscaping is an exact match in type and locations to the landscaping in Millenium / CU-ICAR. I love the consistency....this one lone blvd that leaves Woodruff and parallels 85 through so many developments. :thumbsup:

I'm almost certain it will be public access.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

what is the name of the new building store or restaurant at The Point?

In front of Doc Chey's

There will be a few different things going into that building...you should see the latest rumors somewhere within the last couple of pages of this thread.

Edited by RestedTraveler

That's the last I heard. I haven't heard of anything at the Crowne Plaza location. I did call Ruth's Chris to see if I could find out where they would put their new location. The lady told me that they didn't have any plans for new locations in this area. The only thing she showed in SC was for Myrtle Beach. It could be that I just didn't talk to the right person though. I think she was just the gatekeeper. :ph34r:

That's the last I heard. I haven't heard of anything at the Crowne Plaza location. I did call Ruth's Chris to see if I could find out where they would put their new location. The lady told me that they didn't have any plans for new locations in this area. The only thing she showed in SC was for Myrtle Beach. It could be that I just didn't talk to the right person though. I think she was just the gatekeeper. :ph34r:

So she didn't know that there is already a Ruth's Chris in Columbia? :unsure:

• 1 month later...

From what I hear, Ruth's Chris is going to the Crown Plaza location. :wacko: Don't know how Crown Plaza managed to pull that deal off...

You are correct. It was speculated here several weeks ago, and then reported in The Greenville News last week. The hotel has new ownership and is undergoing major renovations. Ruth's Chris sees it as a close location to both downtown and the growing Woodruff Road corridor. Based on the article, Ruth's Chris has been working on a Greenville location for several years.

You are correct. It was speculated here several weeks ago, and then reported in The Greenville News last week. The hotel has new ownership and is undergoing major renovations. Ruth's Chris sees it as a close location to both downtown and the growing Woodruff Road corridor. Based on the article, Ruth's Chris has been working on a Greenville location for several years.

In some respects this seems like a good decision (half way between two destination corridors yet avoids Woodruff traffic and still on the Interstate) but I personally don't even think of Congaree when thinking of a restaurant. I guess the Ruth's chris name makes it a destination in itself. It will be interesting to see how it does in that location.

I would rather they had gone for the Gateway top of the tower location myself. Or something by Falls Park.

In some respects this seems like a good decision (half way between two destination corridors yet avoids Woodruff traffic and still on the Interstate) but I personally don't even think of Congaree when thinking of a restaurant. I guess the Ruth's chris name makes it a destination in itself. It will be interesting to see how it does in that location.

I would rather they had gone for the Gateway top of the tower location myself. Or something by Falls Park.

That would have seemed to make more sense. But I think you're right. It will be a destination just by them being there.