CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Point

g-man430

Does anyone know what's going to be in the free standing structure in front of Whole Paycheck? I've heard various reports from Flemings to Ruths Chris (although I just heard that they're going to be at the Crowne Plaza property, so who knows) to an Golden Coral. I also heard that it will be a mix use building not just one store. Anyone? Thanks

From what I hear, Ruth's Chris is going to the Crown Plaza location. :wacko: Don't know how Crown Plaza managed to pull that deal off...

From what you here? Just go back one page and you can read where I posted it. I'll do you the favor and repost it for you. C'mon gimme some props here. Sheesh! ;)

• 2 months later...

McChesney Investment Advisors misses another deadline. DETAILS from the Greenville News.

You can mark this one officially dead. The website for it isn't even up anymore. Also, the city has stopped working on plans for a BRT line from here to downtown for the time being. This project not happening is part of the reason.

It's a shame that that nice Celanese building is just sitting there going to waste. Even if they had to tear down the building, the location is great. Especially with South Financial, Hubble, and the new hotels going in behind there. Seems like it would be a perfect place for the type of development they had planned. Hopefully they can get the environmental issues worked out... :wacko:

Edited by GreenvilleGuy1

It's a shame that that nice Celanese building is just sitting there going to waste. Even if they had to tear down the building, the location is great. Especially with South Financial, Hubble, and the new hotels going in behind there. Seems like it would be a perfect place for the type of development they had planned. Hopefully they can get the environmentaly issues worked out... :wacko:

There are several different reasons the project did not go forward from not being able to come to terms with the building owners to investors backing out. Environmental issues was just one of the many issues that failed this project. The timing wasn't right either with how the economy is going currently.

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this has been posted as yet, so I apologize if it has but we're getting a Chipotle (Finally)! It should be opening at Pointe Plaza in early 2009 (per GSA business article). We will be the first one to get a Chipotle in SC and the article states that they aren't planning any additional one's at the moment, but they also go on to say that they don't discuss leasing opportunities while negotiations are underway. At any rate we're getting a Chipotle and I've been doing the Snoopy happy dance since I read the article. Yipee!!!

Not sure if this has been posted as yet, so I apologize if it has but we're getting a Chipotle (Finally)! It should be opening at Pointe Plaza in early 2009 (per GSA business article). We will be the first one to get a Chipotle in SC and the article states that they aren't planning any additional one's at the moment, but they also go on to say that they don't discuss leasing opportunities while negotiations are underway. At any rate we're getting a Chipotle and I've been doing the Snoopy happy dance since I read the article. Yipee!!!

Krisit,

What's Point Plaza? I love Chipotle but I thought that they were going into Magnolia Park. Good news either way. Thanks

The article just states it's the pointe plaza on woodruff road and the only Pointe Development that I'm aware of is this one. Perhaps with the delay of the magnolia towncenter they decided to move to this location since it's already established. The quotes in the article are from Chris Arnold (public relations director for Chipotle) and he states that the demographics of that area are a good match for the chipotle customer profile. The article seems to hint that there might be other's added in the area as it would be atypical for them to put just one in a targeted market but that they wouldn't comment on future locations. Because I live in downtown it would have been great if we had one down here, but that's just my own personal wishes and wants...lol. I suppose I'll have to suck it up and plan at least 1 trip to woodruff road per week to get my fix ;o)

I'm pretty certain it is. Guess they got sick of waiting on Magnolia Park. Speaking of the Point, a new chinese restaurant has gone in where Pinky's used to be.

Even though brand new, this building is already being retrofitted......knocking out part of brick wall.....construction trailer on site......outdoor seating area. Chipotle?

_MG_2049.jpg

Check out page 3 of this document: http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/1/6/E/1...DA54FEA27CD.pdf :) That is indeed going to be Chipotle.

Cool. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I noticed on the document, Keva Juice is shown behind Chipotle. Is Keva Juice still on? I tried them once out West. Good stuff. Looks like Keva Juice will be another South Carolina first and only.

http://kevajuice.com/

• 3 months later...

Just to let every one know there isn't a new resort planned on The Point's site, but I have another email saying that there is plan's for a SC resort in the future, and they didn't tell in me in which city!!! SO, I guess that's some good news at least right?

(It was rumored that a resort by the name of Kalahari was planned for the site)

"We do not have immediate plans for SC. We are building in VA. Information on our sites can be found at www.kalahariresorts.com Thank you for your interest. Maris Online Contact

Kalahari Resort Sandusky"

From my understanding, it will be accessed from Carolina Point Parkway and Market Point Drive where it ends at the cul-de-sac. If you go to the end of Market Point Drive, you will see several bulldozers and backhoes. The trees have already been torn down also. You can see that part from Carolina Point Parkway as you pass by the Carolina First headquarters.

Edited by citylife

From my understanding, it will be accessed from Carolina Point Parkway and Market Point Drive where it ends at the cul-de-sac. If you go to the end of Market Point Drive, you will see several bulldozers and backhoes. The trees have already been torn down also. You can see that part from Carolina Point Parkway as you pass by the Carolina First headquarters.

So will these two roads FINALLY be connected?

The easiest way to get out of Greenridge is to go straight across Woodruff, though cutting through the Whole Foods parking lot can be dangerous.

So will these two roads FINALLY be connected?

The easiest way to get out of Greenridge is to go straight across Woodruff, though cutting through the Whole Foods parking lot can be dangerous.

I'm not sure. Originally the apartment complex was going to be gated with entrances off of both roads but the city got upset over this due to blocking a future connection between Market Point Drive and Carolina Point Parkway. The developers and the city finally worked out a deal although i'm not sure what it was.

• 5 months later...

Looks like the big white elephant building on site might be getting torn down soon. Hmmm....

I bet this would be torn down to make the site more attractive to a potential buyer. I would be shocked if anything of substance is currently planned there. And even if it were, it would likely pale in comparison to McChesney's plan. I am still sad over that one. :(

I bet this would be torn down to make the site more attractive to a potential buyer. I would be shocked if anything of substance is currently planned there. And even if it were, it would likely pale in comparison to McChesney's plan. I am still sad over that one. :(

Absolutely. I think we need an official day of mourning for that one!