CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Point

g-man430

Wow that is sad. I really enjoyed our Bob Evans the few times I actually ate there. It has a very nice "farmhouse" feel inside with simple but very attractive decor and trim throughout. I also have fond memories from its very early days of eating there with family members who are no longer here. As you may remember, back then that was the only place along that stretch of Woodruff Road. Looking across Woodruff, you only saw tall trees. I am curious whether the new Cracker Barrel had something to do with our Bob Evans closing? With all of the new development and hotel rooms coming to this area, I would think a Bob Evans is perfect there.

I have never been to a Bob Evans, but for some reason I always picture them catering to old couples who travel around in their motor homes. :lol:

The same holds true for your "cafeterias".

Bob Evans also owns Mimi's Cafe, which is across the street at The Shoppes at Greenridge. How is the dining quality over there?

Edited by BoDragon

I've always associated Bob Evans with the Dennys / Shoneys / Cracker Barrel grouping and Mimi's with the O'Charley's / Macaroni Grill / Carrabba's / Bonefish grouping. You can get drinks at Mimi's. When I've been to Mimi's, the food has always been excellent......servings are slightly large and the food seems somewhat heavy.......but taste has been execellent for a chain. Service has always been good.

Only gone to Bob Evans once.......I'm more for the Panera type of breakfast.....a simple bagel......so can't really say the Bob Evans loss means anything to me. IMO like btoy said, some company will jump on this spot quickly.

New restaurant announced for the Point that will be built next to Azia and include 54 televisions: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...INESS/704200373

-Is this new restaurant announced going in where we thought Fleming's Steakhouse was? :dontknow:

Here's the website for Indigo Joe's that will be opening at The Point:

http://www.indigojoes.com/flash.html

I assume the flemings is still going in...from my undstanding it was a small strip with a Alltel and a FedEx / Kinkos also, so it would make snes that it is street side.

Speaking of the Point, how's the Whole Foods doing? I had heard it had broken sales records for the chain at opening, yet when I was in it on Saturday afternoon I was the ONLY person in any of the check-out lanes- I had my pick of cashiers. Great store though.

from what i've heard they aren't turnign the numbers that they expected or really should be.

Edited by charlie swords

Speaking of the Point, how's the Whole Foods doing? I had heard it had broken sales records for the chain at opening, yet when I was in it on Saturday afternoon I was the ONLY person in any of the check-out lanes- I had my pick of cashiers. Great store though.

They've been pretty packed just about any time I've gone in there. We went just last weekend and it was no exception. I was surprised with the reset they did around the nuts and pre-packaged snacks though...it threw me for a bit of a loop. Other than that, it still seemed to be going pretty strong (just my perception, perhaps).

New restaurant announced for the Point that will be built next to Azia and include 54 televisions: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...INESS/704200373

-Is this new restaurant announced going in where we thought Fleming's Steakhouse was? :dontknow:

Indigo Joes will be going in next to Red Robin, if I understood everything I heard recently. The Crosland website should have an update by now, I would assume.

^^I believe so. It was supposed to go on that spot under construction right now across Market Point Drive or whatever it's called from Bob Evans that O'Charley's was originally going to go on in front of Doc Chey's. I thought that was going to be the Indigo Joe's though seeing how there is nothing else under construction at the Point right now that could be completed by August except for Azia and Staybridge Suites. The other thing under construction near Boyles Furniture and next to Frontage Road is going to be a Homewood Suites or Hilton Garden Inn. This is really starting to confuse me. :wacko: It's either going to be a Fleming's Steakhouse, Indigo Joe's, or an O'Charley's. :lol:

Edited by g-man430

I was doing some work on the site in front of Doc Chey's, all the work that I did is just infrastructure

work, just getting water and sewer onto the site, but I was told it was going to be a steakhouse.

Also the lot next to Azia was sold 1/17/07 to a company called Tiger Paw LLC. from Fountain Inn.

DSC01875.jpg

Not a very good photo but it was taken for work.