CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Point

g-man430

The other website, whatever it was that was posted, said "completion 2009". They must be kidding? Isn't that a little soon for such a massive project? Maybe two almost full years of construction... I wonder what exactly they were thinking that completion would include. I doubt it's the entire project. Anyone know?

Also, I think you may be forgetting about houses or townhomes? There's something else involved. There's a total of 2,350 units of residential I thought I read somewhere, though I can't remember where it was now to verify.

I saw that "2009 completion" as well, I assumed it was a misprint (though that would be pretty nice, huh?)

• 3 weeks later...

In looking at the flyover, this could end up being more impressive than DT. Then again, as discussed in another thread, one day this could end up becoming DT. :whistling:

In the short-term, yes. Hopefully they will be able to keep the area's appeal as the buildings age, which is difficult in these instant-downtowns.

Are you kidding? I can't see any possible way this could ever rival downtown Greenville. :)

In terms of long-term sustainable appeal, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but development begets development, and in the short-term, downtown landowners will definitely view this area as a rival to land the best tenants.

From G-Man,

Site at the Point for Hilton Garden Inn is up for annexation to Greenville. Site is just under four acres the new hotel is 6 stories and 120 rooms.

Annexation Documents

Yea - I saw that on the city council agenda, too. I suppose we're just going to have to start a thread and post the City Council and DPC agendas...or didn't we already do that somewhere?

If anyone is interested in staying on top of them, just check this site often.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone go to the recent presentation by McChesney and the City of Greenville regarding this project? If I remember correctly, I believe it was held within the last two weeks. I am curious to hear what the presentation consisted of, and whether or not any new information was released regarding the project.

Unless I'm mistaken, that presentation has yet to happen. I remember reading about it recently, but thought it was still a short while away. If someone else has the actual information, I would greatly appreciate finding out once again. Thanks in advance! :)