Cleveland Retailer spotlight

PghUSA

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06083/675883.stm

Great article on the way Nordstrom has changed the retail dynamic in metro Cleveland. Although the posh stores outpost in the region is defintely the place to be, it does offer some of the ways Nordstrom could better serve the Western Reserve. I'd be interested in hearing personal experiences with the store, I've never gotten the chance to go to the Cleveland location, although it does seem they could do a better job on the shoe selection ;).

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Apparently Bloomingdale's has announced that it will enter Downtown Cleveland's new Megaproject in the warehouse district, if developer Bob stark provides the right tenant mix in the mixed use development that will include retail, residential and structured parking. The project is in the land acquisition phase right now, with Stark owning a good percentage of the land needed.

Von Maur, the Nordstrom of the midwest has announced that it would like to be in the Cleveland market.

The first Filene's in Cleveland will open Oct, 26th at Harvard Park in Warrensville.

Apparently Cleveland is the largest market in the country that does its luxury shopping outside of the region. I think its huge that Bloomingdale's said they would come to Cleveland and downtown at that. I'm guessing the retailers Stark would need to lure Bloomingdale's would be stuff not already in the Region like Tiffany's, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel, Prada and maybe moving the Hermes store from the far eastern 'burbs to downtown. Stark says that he has not recieved a no from any of the retailers he's approached. If this does go down Cleveland would have the best shopping between New York and Detroit, or Chicago and definitely the best in the Ohio area.

Archived