What is the coffee house?

Being new here, I am confused as to what is the difference between:

> UrbanPlanet.org ....> Michigan > Grand Rapids

and

> UrbanPlanet.org ....> Michigan > Grand Rapids > Grand Rapids Coffee House

At first glance it looks like the coffee house is for off topics? But then I've seen some thread that I thought were in the GR board, that moved to the coffee house? (the meat market post). If so what qualifies a post as belonging in one spot or the other?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being new here, I am confused as to what is the difference between:

> UrbanPlanet.org ....> Michigan > Grand Rapids

and

> UrbanPlanet.org ....> Michigan > Grand Rapids > Grand Rapids Coffee House

At first glance it looks like the coffee house is for off topics? But then I've seen some thread that I thought were in the GR board, that moved to the coffee house? (the meat market post). If so what qualifies a post as belonging in one spot or the other?

The Coffee House is for non-development related topics, such as whats a good restaurant to take my kids to, or Where is a good spot to get a beer, or who is playing at the Van Andel tonite?

The main forum is for development related topics like whats is being built where, or what company is interested in moving to GR, etc.

Archived