Film Production in New Orleans

brodieseyes

The post-Katrina cop drama, K-Ville, which stars Anthony Anderson and Cole Hauser as two NOPD officers in post-Katrina New Orleans, will premiere September 1, 2007 on FOX. After the first episode, another 12 are scheduled to follow. I'm looking forward to seeing New Orleans in a primetime network series! :thumbsup:

K_Ville_Cast.jpg

K-ville on Wikipedia

K-Ville on TV.com

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I feel really stupid. I saw a trailer on TV a few days ago but it didn't have anything about Katrina or NO in it, and I thought... "Knoxville? I don't remember Knoxville looking like that..." *slaps forehead*

Looks interesting. I like the cast and the general premise. Hopefully it won't paint too dim a picture of rebuilding efforts and crime... you know, to the point where people think it's too scary of a place to go.

That's my only fear as well, elise. And just from the trailer I can tell that it probably will be a bit over-dramatic to a point, but it is a crime drama after all. With that said, however, I don't see how this will be worse than the national media making it seem like you're immediately going to get shot if you step foot outside your house in New Orleans. Thankfully, Mardi Gras, the French Quarter Fest, and Jazz Fest were able to easily throw that notion out the window.

The NOPD has said that they're all in favor of the show, and that it "emphasizes the good work that the men and the women of the Police Department performed [after Katrina], which was not portrayed by much of the media."

Let's just hope that the LIFT investigation turns up empty-handed. From what I have read, there's a question as to whether 10,000,000 claimed as being eligible for tax credits were, in fact, eligible for tax credits. Based on the article, it appears to me that the state Department of "Economic Development" is the one to blame. LIFT simply said....give us the credits or we'll go to another state. What did the state do? The state gave them the credits and now wants to investigate. If anyone should be investigated, it should be the morons at the DOED.

• 1 year later...

After being sent in all directions due to Katrina, the film industry is back with a vengeance in New Orleans. 13 feature films have been shot in the city in the last 6 months, and in terms of movie production, New Orleans now ranks third in the nation, behind only Los Angeles and New York. Additionally, over $100 million has been pumped into the city's economy this year by film casts and crews, and from what I've been reading, the city is on track to host more feature filmings/productions in 2008 than in any other year. That's some great news for an industry that was left for dead following Katrina.

"Hollywood South" Makes Comeback

ABC 26 video

• 2 weeks later...
After being sent in all directions due to Katrina, the film industry is back with a vengeance in New Orleans. 13 feature films have been shot in the city in the last 6 months, and in terms of movie production, New Orleans now ranks third in the nation, behind only Los Angeles and New York. Additionally, over $100 million has been pumped into the city's economy this year by film casts and crews, and from what I've been reading, the city is on track to host more feature filmings/productions in 2008 than in any other year. That's some great news for an industry that was left for dead following Katrina.

"Hollywood South" Makes Comeback

ABC 26 video

• 7 months later...

Archived