Dickson Street and it's Future

Mith242

I had wondered about that, I hadn't heard so much about Gulley Park after they started the AMP. Nice to see that they're still doing stuff out there. I also agree with you masons_dad1, I'd be a bit more interested in the AMP if it was somewhere else. I wish they could find a permanent venue for it somewhere closer to downtown.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree more with the previous posters. Personality, attitude, and independence are what make Fayetteville unique.

Being a college town helps, but you still don't see the same type of character in Conway (Hendrix, UCA).

That funky feel of Fayetteville is akin to Austin or New Orleans...and "hippy" sort of describes it. Places with sizable indie/alt rock music or arts scenes generally seem to be this way...and that's what makes them "cool." It's nonconformist, independent-minded, unique fun.

If Faulkner Co was wet, I think you'd see downtown Conway develop a lot of cool bars, restaurants, and coffeeshops that would turn its downtown into a much cooler place. Still, it could never have the same vibe as Fayetteville. It's the culture that comes from having a largely residential (rather than commuter) university and a place cool enough that a lot of people in their 20s never leave.

Archived