Short Pump Developments

TBurban

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your expert assessment, Joey. I see what you mean about ignoring the principal thoroughfares, but it is attractive.

When you have a chance, speak on Stony Point. I had very mixed feelings about it.

I actually haven't seen it, I don't think. I've been to the outdoor mall a few times, but I don't recall any residential buildings. Are they new?

There will be a PETCO at the corner lot near the entrance between Target and Walmart at the WBV site.

Tommy, do you mean there's going to be a Wall*Mart in WBV? There's already a huge one just up the street at Pouncy Tract. I thought WBV was going upscale.

And are you speaking of the plot of land on south side of Broad and west of where the John Rolfe Pkwy will cut thru?

• 2 weeks later...

So, Tommy. When completed JR Pkwy will begin at Broad Street just west of West Broad Village and end at Lauderdale Road (which does not show on this map)? And it will utilize a section of Pump Road with a peculiar interchange at Church Road?

That is one convoluted roadway! All the Three Chopt Roads out there are so confusing I'm not even going to think about them. :lol:

It would seem logical to extend JR Pkway all the way to West Creek, don't you agree?

Has anyone but me noticed that there are no direct east west streets north of and paralleling Broad until Scotts Addition? Try going directly east from Pouncy Tract without using Broad Street and you'll discover it's neigh impossible. You can use Nuckols Road and Springfield and other suburban streets (or I-64), but there's no actual east-west road.

I prefer the original concept.

The "original concept" being the high-speed expressway interchange? I don't really like the convoluted nature of it (that the road names will appear to change several times, and that to "stay" on a particular road, you'll have to turn), but this is far better than an overpass.

This is also being done with a comprehensive land use realignment in the area that supports a greater density, and, to some extent, some mixed-use. The county has talked about making this a walkable intersection, though we'll see if it ever amounts to anything. If they build these intersections with wide turning radii and narrow sidewalks, it'll never be walkable.

It would seem logical to extend JR Pkway all the way to West Creek, don't you agree?

Has anyone but me noticed that there are no direct east west streets north of and paralleling Broad until Scotts Addition? Try going directly east from Pouncy Tract without using Broad Street and you'll discover it's neigh impossible. You can use Nuckols Road and Springfield and other suburban streets (or I-64), but there's no actual east-west road.

Do you mean Ridgefield Parkway? The original plan was for it to extend to West Creek. The Tuckahoe Creek Parkway off of Va-288 was originally planned as an extension of Ridgefield Parkway (and was shown on maps named as Ridgefield: http://www.roadstothefuture.com/VA288_West...ternates_XL.jpg). Now, though, the connection has been removed from the plans. Perhaps some day they'll connect them (the two ends are only about 1/2 of a mile apart), but there are some expensive wetlands issues in between. If Tuckahoe Creek and the associated marshland weren't there, increasing the cost considerably (necessitating, probably, 1000+ feet of bridging), I think it would have been connected already.

Yes, I've also noticed that there's no east-west route north of Broad Street other than I-64, though I'm not sure if it's necessary at the moment, as I-64 isn't anywhere near capacity there. I'm not sure if eastern Goochland will ever really develop to the extent of Henrico (the westward push seems to be far slower now than it was a decade+ ago), but it may not be a bad idea to start planning for a few sets of east-west parallel routes toward Goochland in the fashion of Three Chopt, Church, and Mayland.

• 2 weeks later...

The final totals.....

* a total of 526,500 square feet of commercial space

* 688,000 square feet of office space

* 430 hotel rooms with conference space

* 545 townhouse units

* 339 multi-family units

* a 6,000 square foot community club house

* 6,686 parking spaces (surface and structured- [mostly])

No problem. I'm not sure....the original construction plan was in Four Phases, Phase Four being done in 2010. That was also when the towers were 22 stories. Id imagine that they'd have some type of phase plan in the works. So far...it's been dirt for the past few months. Id say spring will mark the beginning of some real groundwork.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the RTD Real Estate Section...

1.16 million square feet: 495,000 sf of retail - 688,000 sf of office space - 884 residential units - 430 room hotel.

Anchor tenant is Whole Foods, while other possible tenants are REI Sports, Old Navy, Borders, and Drexel Heritage.

Archived