Short Pump Developments

TBurban

They can still make a huge profit and draw the same people if they just rethink their strategy. Bring downtown back! I'm sorry you gave up on our region's center.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WBV is a ghost town, unfortunately. TCW is looking good though, they've got the 1 story retail up already. Next will be the out parcels (restaurants and Ethan Allen) and the Hilton next month. The 4 story residential with retail will be the last phase, after the Hilton.

On the flip side, some heavy work is going on at Short Pump Station (next to WBV). That will be completed by fall.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW..buildings are finally rising at WBV :)

What does FWIW mean, Tommy? Whatever, it's good to hear that work is beginning. :)

Never mind; I just figured it out -- "For What It's Worth"...and it was well worth your reporting the news.

I live right off Three Chopt, and I had to do a photography assignment last night, so a friend and I went out and walked on the construction site. Its amazing how huge it is when you actually get into it. I miss the dairy farms days, to be honest. It was like a drop of the rural in what was quickly turning into the urban.

Oh, and I was reading through this thread and in response to something said earlier (sorry to throw rocks at bees' hives) I consider myself a resident of Short Pump even if I write Richmond on all of my letters. Fear the Short Pump beast that engulfs all around it!

The real reason I posted (and registered, to be honest) is to ask - does anyone have specifics on the numbers and square footage of the houses and shops and office space they are putting up?

Mess with the bee, prepare to be stung!

*Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Welcome Va Pride. Call yourself a Short Pumpian when the zip code comes. I have never heard of anyone saying they come from Laurel, Tuckahoe, or Westham.

I just did some drivebys out there... Why did they have to destroy more of the old Indian trail?

Yeah U live in the Tuckahoe Area and I don't consider myself a Tuckahoeian :lol:. But if you are from Short Pump say your from Glen Allen since thats what it is. Oh yeah and Cam Short Pump does have a Zip Code but its under Glen Allen and not Short Pump. Or at least im sure thats the way it is. Not sure though.

I live right off Three Chopt, and I had to do a photography assignment last night, so a friend and I went out and walked on the construction site. Its amazing how huge it is when you actually get into it. I miss the dairy farms days, to be honest. It was like a drop of the rural in what was quickly turning into the urban.

Oh, and I was reading through this thread and in response to something said earlier (sorry to throw rocks at bees' hives) I consider myself a resident of Short Pump even if I write Richmond on all of my letters. Fear the Short Pump beast that engulfs all around it!

The real reason I posted (and registered, to be honest) is to ask - does anyone have specifics on the numbers and square footage of the houses and shops and office space they are putting up?

Welcome to the forum! I'm over in Twin Hickory. Regarding the WBV info. this is the most recent stats. I've received.

Retail and Restaurants:

- Specialty retail stores and restaurants will combine for 450,000-525,000 s/f. Including Whole Foods, Borders, and a major sporting goods store(yet to be announced).

Residential:

- 880 homes well be built with an average of 7.8 units per acre.

- 90 Brownstone Townhomes units.

- 250 condominiums.

- 150 Single family homes bult by Eagle Construction of VA.

- 250 single family homes to be built by Ryan Homes.

- 144 to 160 condos to be built above village center by Unicorp.

Office Space:

- up to 600,000 s/f of corporate space available.

Hotel:

- up to 600,000 s/f of corporate space available(2 Hotels) 1 aloft and 1 yet-to-be-determined.

Amenities:

- In addition to parks and open space, there will be a 6,000 s/f Clubhouse.

Renderings:

WBV_1.jpg

WBV_2.jpg

WBV_5.jpg

WBV_3.jpg

Rendering of one of the two towers--13 stories each

WBV_4.jpg

Yeah U live in the Tuckahoe Area and I don't consider myself a Tuckahoeian :lol:. But if you are from Short Pump say your from Glen Allen since thats what it is. Oh yeah and Cam Short Pump does have a Zip Code but its under Glen Allen and not Short Pump. Or at least im sure thats the way it is. Not sure though.

I mean its own zip.

Welcome, Virginia Pride. But you can be sure we'll shorten that long tag. How about Vpride or VP?

Tommy, do you think the reduction in height of the Hilton at Towne Center West will have any bearing on the heights at West Broad Village?

Welcome, Virginia Pride. But you can be sure we'll shorten that long tag. How about Vpride or VP?

Tommy, do you think the reduction in height of the Hilton at Towne Center West will have any bearing on the heights at West Broad Village?

Nah..I think that aloft hotel is pretty firm at where it stands. Also..regarding the office towers heights being that 13 stories is the max..it could change on demand. They still haven't found a company to fill. Kinda like the James Center situation. The second hotel may have trouble getting off the ground until the demand is high to fill the office portion.

The Hilton was reduced because the developer went with a lower, higher class model... and he isnt shy about doing so, he owns enough other hotels to feel comfortable in the market... it also reduced his steel costs ;)

The Hilton was reduced because the developer went with a lower, higher class model... and he isnt shy about doing so, he owns enough other hotels to feel comfortable in the market... it also reduced his steel costs ;)

Journy, Do you mean it's another Hilton Garden Inn instead of a full-service Hilton?

Archived