Short Pump Developments

TBurban

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take the grid layout any day over the rest of SP's loopy roads! :lol:

Yeah, Broad is at the top, and Three Chopt is at the bottom. I think what took so long for things to begin..is that the residents that lived along Three Chopt weren't satisfied with the boundary lines between the road and WBV. They had to re-arrange the lakes to form a 'natural' boundary along most of Three Chopt.

You were close on McCormick & Schmick's. It's a seafood restaurant :P

Ooops. I stand corrected. Richmond needs some good sea food restaurants, even if they are chain operations. Blue Point at SPTC doesn't cut it, IMO.

Is your new avatar The Golden Gate Bridge? :)

Mimi's is a restaurant chain... Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Like CRACKERBARREL?

*chime*

What Three Chopt? Oh the fake one, they've basically erased the original historic road through there. And the grid... once again, trying ever so hard to do... the same thing they do every night, Pinky...

Is it me, or does this plan for WBV look less interesting? This seems so "square" with its grid layout.

Tommy, is Broad Street at the top and Three Chopt at the bottom?

McCormick & Schmick's is a very upscale chain steak house, I think. Never heard of MiMi's Cafe. Maybe nhughes can comment.

What is Blue Tulip?

Thanks for bringing us up to date, Tommy.

I wish I had some input for you, but I've never heard of MiMi's Cafe. However, with the way things generally work in life, I'm sure I'll be hearing the name left and right now that it has been brought to my attention.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

But... but? No update?

Haha, sorry about that..I fell asleep on my desk last night :lol:

Final Descriptions and Master Plan for WBV as of 7/15/07:

wbvsiteplangq2.jpg

Tenants as of 7/15/07:

Whole Foods Market, Blue Tulip, Wachovia, REI, Old Navy, McCormick & Schmick's, MiMi's Cafe

Final Square Footage as of 7/15/07:

400,000 sf of retail

600,000 sf of office

2 hotels

844 residential units

118 acres

Final Descriptions and Master Plan for WBV as of 8/1/07:

wbvgq3.png

Tenants as of 8/1/07:

Whole Foods Market, Blue Tulip, Wachovia, REI, Old Navy, McCormick & Schmick's, MiMi's Cafe, Gordon Biersch, Borders, Kona Grill, 'ALoft' (hotel)

Final Square Footage as of 8/1/07:

420k sf of retail

600k sf of class a office

2 hotels - 135 boutique hotel and 250 full service

545 single family homes

339 upscale apartments above retail

116 acres

Great report, Tommy. Isn't the northwest corner in white a separate development with Petco and a few other businesses unrelated to WBV? I see they will have a green median on Broad Street for a short distance; and the lakes look bigger.

Someone please tell me what Blue Tulip is.

Great report, Tommy. Isn't the northwest corner in white a separate development with Petco and a few other businesses unrelated to WBV? I see they will have a green median on Broad Street for a short distance; and the lakes look bigger.

Yes indeedy, Burt!

'Blue Tulip' is a specialty gift store..here's the site :thumbsup:

Blue Tulip

Haha, sorry about that..I fell asleep on my desk last night :lol:

Final Descriptions and Master Plan for WBV as of 8/1/07:

Tenants as of 8/1/07:

Whole Foods Market, Blue Tulip, Wachovia, REI, Old Navy, McCormick & Schmick's, MiMi's Cafe, Gordon Biersch, Borders, Kona Grill, 'ALoft' (hotel)

There is already a more updated plan that shows which tenants are fully committed and has more tenants listed.

I'll try to drop it on here later today for you guys.

Lakes are bigger... but that is because of the official engineering of the site as opposed to the planning version... planners arent perfect in their stormwater calcs.... ;)

I miss the original Three Chopt Road which has its intersection with Broad, where Broad St used to end (as Deep Run Tnpk), destroyed and lost forever to historical maps... which themselves are rare.

Haha I've been to the Gordon Biersch at Tyson's... decent for a chain but I was not incredibly impressed personally. My friend is a Marylander (by nature a crab connoisseur)... after being told their crab dishes used Mid Atlantic crabs he decided he'd risk ordering a crab appetizer dip... For about 5 minutes he struggled to find even the tiniest shred of crab in the dip... with no success :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

You're right on top of everything out there, Tommy. I like the hotel rendering. Have you heard its brand affiliation?

Yessir! :D The smaller hotel will be the 'A Loft,' and the larger one that has yet to be named will be of the Starwood Hotels brand, if I'm not mistaken. So maybe there will be two Starwood hotels? I'm not 100% sure on that one, I guess you could interpret this either way..

* Signature Retail Occupants: "A Loft", Whole Foods Market, REI, Borders and Old Navy

* A Starwood Hotel

Either the Starwood Hotel indication is referring to the 'A Loft' or there will be a second Starwood brand hotel.

Just bumping the renderings up to the new page.

Updated renderings for WBV :)

untitled12-1.jpg

untitled11-1.jpg

untitled10-1.jpg

untitled9-1.jpg

untitled8-1.jpg

untitled7-1.jpg

untitled6-1.jpg

untitled5-1.jpg

untitled4-1.jpg

untitled3-1.jpg

untitled.jpg

Tommy I must say once again like I said to you on AIM. This is gonna be SICK!!!! I can't wait for this to really pick up and with all the new hotels popping up is really good too. But that last rendering on the bottom looks like a residential tower to me.

OK, boys. Bring the old man up to date. Is the word SICK replacing "super", "awesome" and other words of praise in youth terminology? :rolleyes:

Archived