Short Pump Developments

TBurban

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The project at the corner of Lauderdale and Broad should be under demolition/clearing stages any day now. 'The Corner at Short Pump' will be 41 Acres, 246,000 sf mixed-use development, extension of Three Chopt Road(4 lanes), with a completion date of Spring 2009. No tenants listed as of yet.

tcaspmt1.png

I hate to even say this... but I worked with the guys who laid this out. I feel dirty all over...

Were you well-paid for the dirty work? We do a lot for our art, especially where money is involved! :shades:

Tommy, will extended Three Chopt intersect with North Gayton Road?

And are there still plans to upgrade North Gaton beyond Broad and build an interchange with I-64?

Can we merge the town center west and west broad village threads and call it 'West End Development'..?

Sounds like a good idea to me?

Were you well-paid for the dirty work? We do a lot for our art, especially where money is involved! :shades:

Tommy, will extended Three Chopt intersect with North Gayton Road?

And are there still plans to upgrade North Gaton beyond Broad and build an interchange with I-64?

Sounds like a good idea to me?

I dont know about merging the threads, that would be like merging the miller and rhodes and richmond center stage threads since they are close together. They are different projects with a lot of different nuances, which should be analyzed and talked about separately...

journiyin, good point. Also I would think if there is a "West End Development" thread, you'd have to group each development by the geographical location.

Sheesh! Forget I mentioned it :whistling:

Anyone know what's going next to Short Pump Crossing, by Staples, Stein Mart and Ukrops on Broad? Some type of shopping center called 'Short Pump Corner,' not to be confused with the 'Corner at Short Pump' at Lauderdale and Broad.

Not to be confused with... The Short Pump at Short Pump.

Hahaha. You hit it on the nail with that one, Cam! I, unlike you and others, am complacent about development out there because it's unstoppable, and, generally, it's being done in a tasteful manner IMO. But can't they be a bit more imaginative in namining their projects?

There's been a lot of fun made of those two words over the years. :lol:

Archived