Short Pump Developments

TBurban

On a side note. I think the Petco at Short Pump Station is open now. I saw commercials on TV advertising the new Petco in short pump.

That along with Five Below have been open for about a week. As construction wraps up, more tenants should be filling in. Longhorn Steakhouse's pad is nearing completion.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder when McCormick & Schmick's is going to open in West Broad Village? It has a good reputation for sea food in its 88 locations across the country. Another eating option will be Kona's, about which I know zero. Nor am I sure what Dave & Busters is all about.

I ate at McCormick & Schmick's in Atlanta last year. They have the best Happy Hour menu I've ever seen. I ate a 1/2 pound cheeseburger with fries for $1.99 and it was fantastic.

Dave & Busters is a large game place, full of arcade and other games. It's a lot of fun.

Piles are being driven for the Hotel Sierra next to Dicks, heavy construction is sure to follow.

Land has been cleared and heavy construction equipment has been moved on site of the development at the corner of Cox and Broad where a Silver Diner is planned.

A Wachovia Bank branch pad is being built along Broad in front of Whole Foods. The 3rd fire escape tower for the 5 story apartments is rising across from Whole Foods.

Tommy I saw all of that on going when I was at the new petco and five below on saturday night. Im really excited for West Broad Village. But my dad says its going to be a bad mess of traffic once work is completed at west broad village. It kinda scares me actually for how much worse traffic will be when West Broad Village is done. I mean I know road improvements are coming but still its gonna really scare me and I might not go out to short pump anymore if traffic gets bad enough. I might have to avoid short pump and go on other parts of broad from like gaskins and broad all the way to libbie and broad. I might have to stay away from short pump if they cant have some type of flyover on broad street. If you think traffic is bad now just wait untiil WBV is completed. Im kinda scared to know how many more impatient people will be on broad and how many more wrecks will be on broad and hurt or kill people on broad. Becuase theres already a bunch of idiots on broad. Luckily im the only cousin in my family who hasnt crashed yet between all my cousins after having there license for a year. I think I have my dads smart side since my dad and uncle have only been in one wreck in there entire life. Plus my dad is turning 60 this february and my uncle will be 70 this year too and have only had one wreck there entire life.

It is indeed, as the mentioned buildings are going up on the Whole Foods side, further down the development near Three Chopt Road, foundation is already being laid for another structure. Once Short Pump Station is complete and they move their trailers, work should begin on the John Rolfe Parkway.

Yeah im sure John Rolfe will begin very soon. My dad knows the owner of that mulch yard at Pump and Church where John Rolfe is going through. They had a story on him and how he is trying to find land for a new mulch yard in goochland and is expanding in hanover. My dad used to have his own mulch yard and sell mulch topsoil and stuff after he got out of the contracting business.

I saw an add in the newspaper today for the townhomes being done by Ryan Homes at West Broad Village. I must say the townhomes look very nice and are four stories. Prices start in the 320's.

Ryan Homes? In 20 years, they will be falling apart.

Keep dreaming, C..keep dreaming :)

WBV is closing in on 50% filled retailers/restaurants/banks, of those includes:

Whole Foods

Linens and Things

Organized Living

Ledo's Pizza

Johnny Rockets

Blue Tulip

Art and Frame Depot

Tsui Asian Fusion

Gordon Biersch

Fig

JC Penney

Ulta

Dress Barn

Walgreens

Can Can

Keagans Pub

Starbucks(2)

Kona Grill

Fidelity

McCormick and Schmicks

First Market Bank

Dave and Busters

CJ Banks

Old Navy

Famous Footwear

Books-A-Million

Subway

Wachovia

Nail Salon

...more to be announced in the coming weeks!

Wait! We're not going to lose Can Can in Cary Town are we? Even if we're not, just one more reason east-Goochlanders won't have to come into the city.

(btw - I'm officially coining the term East-Goochlanders for all the Short Pump area residents who like to call themselves "far west end.")

Wait! We're not going to lose Can Can in Cary Town are we? Even if we're not, just one more reason east-Goochlanders won't have to come into the city.

(btw - I'm officially coining the term East-Goochlanders for all the Short Pump area residents who like to call themselves "far west end.")

Haha. How about "Near Gooches and Far Gooches?" Or for the snobs, "Near Gucci's and Far Gucci's?" :lol:

That an amazingly long list of retailers WBV has attracted thus far.

TBurban, thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

Is aLoft still scheduled as one of the hotels?

And no one else has stepped forward for White Oak... again, the east is falling 115th rate.

Tommy, it's not a dream, the suburban areas always tend to fall and get ignored when something else becomes hot. This area has a lifespan of about 20 years before it becomes the projects and dusty/half-empty strips of Henrico.

My wife insists that I ask if a Trader Joe's is in the works for this village or anywhere for that matter. Something about specialty items this and that.

The list is impressive and I hope that Can Can is opening a second location as it would be sad for them to leave the fine space that they have created in Carytown.

My wife insists that I ask if a Trader Joe's is in the works for this village or anywhere for that matter. Something about specialty items this and that.

The list is impressive and I hope that Can Can is opening a second location as it would be sad for them to leave the fine space that they have created in Carytown.

I seriously doubt that Can Can is leaving Carytown. It's likely a new location for those in the outer reaches of the Metro area who prefer their culture served with a heaping side of chain store ;)

Archived