Short Pump Developments

TBurban

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember before short pump even existed they were going to make Interstate 295 a complete loop kinda like 495 in DC. But the Walmart at Short Pump was in the way to make 295 go all the way around in a complete circle. Who knows 295 might of actually been able to go into chesterfield. I really do think its kinda late to fix traffic in short pump. It will just get worse and worse with people driving from other parts of town to come to short pump.

For accuracy's sake, I-295 was never planned to loop west of the city south of I-64. It was to run from I-64 around the north and east of town and connect with I-95 north of Chester, then 288 would carry traffic from Chester south and west of town to I-295 @ I-64.

according to the website, Roads to the Future. It has a 1968 map of the proposed loop around Richmond on the site.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sierra Suites Hotel is flying; steel caissons, and elevator shafts are up to the 2nd floor.

More fire escapes and elevator shafts are being built along Broad for the 5 story mixed use buildings at WBV. Steel has spread up around the bases of most of the shafts along the soon to be Old Brick Road (WBV's main street).

That's a terrific aerial of Greater Short Pump showing the sites of West Broad Village; the Petco place next to it; stores/cinemas on PouncyTract & Pump Roads; all the places west of Pump on Broad; SPTC; Towne Center West and the the Kroger complex. It is one MASSIVE shopping center. You can see an extension of the newly aligned Three Chopt Road west from Lauderdale Drive.

Welcome to Mega Suburbia!

From a distribution and logistics standpoint, doesn't the existence of a Trader Joe's at Short Pump improve our chances of also getting one downtown. Certainly a metro area of 1,000,000 people can support two Trader Joes.

one other thing ... I finally ate at a Mimi's cafe when I was in California two weeks ago. Very disappointing -- it's like a hybrid between a Shoney's and and Appleby's.

Nice shots, Joey. That steel is rising fast!

Tutor Time and Kan Pai Japanese Steakhouse are both currently under construction down at TCW. Dirt has been shifting at the Hilton site.

So, work is going on at Town Center West, eh?

What is Tutor Time?

I suppose KAN PAI is another of the tipani, habachi and sushi Japanese chains. Has anyone heard of it?

Archived