Short Pump Developments

TBurban

Oooooo! THIRTEEN floors! Do you suppose that's Unicorps vengeful way of puting a hex on the neighbors? :ph34r:

It sure nixes Mead Westvaco which will need more space that a 13-story building could provide - unless it is a long horizontal 13 floor structure. But land is expensive in Short Pump.

Well, anyway, I still like the renderings Tommy gave us including the one that shows a high rise.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting the renderings, TBurban! I've been wanting to see them, and they are impressive. I live just across Three Chopt from the development and am wondering if you have seen or heard anything about the landscaping/buffer zone that will be incorporated into the plan. Last time I checked with the County, they said the original 10 ft buffer is still in play on our side of the road (35 ft now for new developments, I believe), but I've also heard unconfirmed rumor that says a wider buffer was being discussed to help alleviate traffic noise.

Welcome to the forum, MJP! As far as I know, the lakes will help set a buffer around the office buildings and hotel. There should be a wide clearance between Three Chopt and the development. Being as big of a project as this is, Id expect a top notch landscaping job to be done around the Three Chopt Road corridor.

Thanks for posting the renderings, TBurban! I've been wanting to see them, and they are impressive. I live just across Three Chopt from the development and am wondering if you have seen or heard anything about the landscaping/buffer zone that will be incorporated into the plan. Last time I checked with the County, they said the original 10 ft buffer is still in play on our side of the road (35 ft now for new developments, I believe), but I've also heard unconfirmed rumor that says a wider buffer was being discussed to help alleviate traffic noise.

Welcome MJP! Hmmm really? I may have your house in a pic then... I did take pics as I walked down Three Chopt Lane (I hate how they changed the name and rerouted Three Chopt... USE THE ORIGINAL NATIVE AMERICAN PATH PEOPLE! IT IS AN ANCIENT ROAD!!!)

Thanks for the info - I agree that the landscaping should be nice. I'm hoping that the plan will allow for the surrounding neighborhoods to blend in with the new addition in a way that lets the residents in the area have easy walking access and that promotes a fan-like tie in to the degree possible.

The clearing of land was really intense over the last week or so - it looks like they have excavated the larger lake bed on the East side of the site. They are going from 6am-8pm, so they appear to be developing some real momentum. I will try to snap a photo later today.

I see nimbyism is alive and well in that area. I never knew there is so much opposition to this project. :huh:

Tell me about it. Out here, it's ask and ye shall receive. I do wish they wouldve stayed 18. Dropping the original height from 22 to 18 was courteous of Unicorp. In the end, to look back and see it has dropped from 22 to 13 just seems like asking for a bit too much.

Have you uploaded them to a photo storage site like flickr or photobucket? After they're uploaded, I know photobucket has codes ready for you that you can just copy and paste here. I'm not sure about flickr.

Thanks for the direction...here are a few photos from Saturday-

Eastern side of site - this is the area that is to have the lake (cleared area to the rear of photo)

olympus209.jpg

rear of the old farm

olympus220.jpg

another of the rear of the farm, looking toward the Target across broad

olympus221.jpg

This one is kind of dark, but is looking across old Three Chopt toward Pocahontas MS

olympus222.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Short Pump makes me want to cry. I have justr eturned from the wasteland of strip malls and the house... is a pile of rubble.. or maybe that was the fence... anyway it's gone!

That house you are referring to (I think it is that house) was pile of crap to begin with. We just needed one nice storm and nature would have done the demo.

Well, it was going down sooner or later. Idve rather seen it gone now then have it sit around to rot away. Also, a sign has recently been put up advertising the land across from Bowl America is for lease to possible Commercial/Retail pads. Another thing, the old Target Golf seems to be undergoing either demolition, or rehabilitation. Theyve removed most of the shingles, Im not sure theyd do that in demolition, but I could be wrong.

The house was not that old. And it's not even about the house, it's about how bare the land is now. It only excites me that a large swarth of land has been cleared... but knowing what and where it is brings that to an abrupt end.

Now I'm really mad. They've virtually erased the old Three Chopt Road while the fake lives on. Respect ancient roads.

I am convinces Short Pump's ambition was to destroy everything of historical significance for developer greed and mass consumer materialism as well maintaining a fake Disneyfied image.

Archived