Pics of Albuquerque, New Mexico

Mith242

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you've driven by it. It's on Central just east of the 25. A beautiful little neighborhood around it as well, before it merges into the tacky college student apartments off of University.

I may have driven by it and not noticed it. Although I do admit there are a few areas of the city I haven't hardly seen. I don't think they're bad areas but for some reason my family usually don't bother going to some parts of the city. Feel free to post anymore pics you have. :D

Oh yeah I posted this in the Pic of the Day topic but since it was taken in Alb might as well post it here as well. Here's the high tech vehicle of the future. :D

nmut106ss6sh.jpg

Nothing to get too excited about but here's a couple of pics around the downtown area I took in my trip recently. But I spent almost all of my time in Natl Parks out west than in Albuquerque. But as you can see Albuquerque certainly fits into the usual 'western' pattern of being very spread out and not built up too much.

nmut101ss5cp.jpg

nmut105ss3wr.jpg

Nice pictures, Rod! I like the way the tips of those buildings appear to be open!!

Nice pictures, Rod! I like the way the tips of those buildings appear to be open!!

I've never been in them but I'm assuming there is glass in there somewhere. Most of my family there haven't ever seemed interested in downtown Albuquerque. But maybe I can try to make more of a trip over there sometime.

• 2 months later...

Here's a night pano from Sandia Crest looking down on Albuquerque. I still had problems getting the pics to turn out. The wind was so strong it was hard to keep the camera stready enough and keep the shutter open enough to get some night shots. I have a few other shots from Sandia Crest that I'll post later. Sometime I'd like to do something like I did with the Santa Fe Picture Topic for Albuquerque also. I do have a few pics posted in the Rail Runner topic that were taken in Albuquerque. I also have some downtown Albuquerque shots that I'll post at a later time also.

sandiaalbnightpan01cz2.jpg

Very nice.

So am I to assume you got a new tripod? :lol:

And how long did you leave your shutter open?

Albuquerque is gorgeous from that angle at night... wow!

I got a good deal at a garage sale until I go out and get a good one. I'm not sure who long those exposures were. I tried a lot of different shots with different settings. I had a feeling a lot of them weren't going to turn out because the wind was so strong up there.

Here's another pic to tide things over until I can get all my downtown pics ready to go. It's the steel yucca along I-40 around Albuquerque. I don't know if it's because New Mexico relies a lot on tourism but I've noticed that the state seems to be spending quite a bit of money on making their interstate/expressways being rather decorative. Especially around Albuquerque and Santa Fe. There's other things decorations along I-40 in Albuquerque but I didn't get any shots of them on this trip.

albuquerquesteelyuccacl0.jpg

Here's some pics of the Albuquerque Isotopes Stadium. For those of you who don't know the team was inspired from the Simpsons. In fact at times I think someone on the staff must be from Albuquerque. But in one episode Homer discovers that the Springfield Isotopes are secretly trying to move to Albuquerque. Ironic because at the time Albuquerque had lost their minor league team the Dukes. I would point out the food they mention in the episode that leaks the info to the rest of the people isn't typical Albuquerque food though. But anyway apparently someone was a Simpsons fan when they manage to bring in another team. It also looks like theywill be hosting the 2007 A Allstar Game there as well.

isotopesstadium01tl9.jpg

isotopesstadium02qr3.jpg

isotopesstadium03zu2.jpg

isotopesstadium04yc5.jpg

isotopesstadium05pu8.jpg

isotopesstadium06tg8.jpg

isotopesstadium07aw1.jpg

A friend of a friend works for the Isotopes, but she supposedly hates Albuquerque. I always thought that Simpsons' connection was funny though.

But thanks for the pics, I've driven by the ballfield but never been inside. Was there a rain delay or something? The seats look completely empty.

Here's another pic to tide things over until I can get all my downtown pics ready to go. It's the steel yucca along I-40 around Albuquerque. I don't know if it's because New Mexico relies a lot on tourism but I've noticed that the state seems to be spending quite a bit of money on making their interstate/expressways being rather decorative.

Public art along freeways has gotten big in places recently. I'm sure it's for tourists to make NM look more appealing.

That sculpture is interesting to me because although the yucca is the state flower, its flowers are actually on the stalk which is not a part of that sculpture. Maybe they thought it would break off too easily?

A friend of a friend works for the Isotopes, but she supposedly hates Albuquerque. I always thought that Simpsons' connection was funny though.

But thanks for the pics, I've driven by the ballfield but never been inside. Was there a rain delay or something? The seats look completely empty.

It wasn't open. I just put my camera lens through the gate openings. But I did have problems with rain though. I had to wait a while for it to stop to finish taking pics.

Public art along freeways has gotten big in places recently. I'm sure it's for tourists to make NM look more appealing.

That sculpture is interesting to me because although the yucca is the state flower, its flowers are actually on the stalk which is not a part of that sculpture. Maybe they thought it would break off too easily?

Maybe it would have been too expensive to add that part. :lol: I guess I'm just somewhat surprised because my state and some of the other states I've been in don't seem to have done anything like this.

There's something about being on top of a mountain at night that scares the crap outta me. Awesome pics though!

The only thing bothering me was the wind. :lol: Although it was cold what was bothering me was more the frustration because I could just tell that a lot of my pics weren't going to come out too well. There's only so much I can do to keep my tripod steady with winds gusting like that.

Okay here's some pics of the downtown area. I'll start with some from the Civic Plaza area. I wish I had spend a little more time around the downtown area. But I had run into a little rain, I wanted to also check out the Alvarado Station out some and I also only had so much time before the last train showed up. I was a bit surprised to eventually find out that there's an underground parking garage underneath this. I think it was just two or three levels but it seemed to cover a decent amount of space. I'll post some more pics of my walk around some of the downtown area later.

civicplaza01bm6.jpg

civicplaza02qs6.jpg

civicplaza03by9.jpg

civicplaza04ld6.jpg

civicplaza05ii0.jpg

civicplaza06bg7.jpg

civicplaza07eb8.jpg

civicplaza08kg9.jpg

Archived