Times Bar Fun

dmccall

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My suggestion would be this Thursday the 29th at 7:30 before the holiday weekend, since yoga will be there already to save us a bar stool. Let's get the weekend started off on the right foot. :D

Sound good?

Anyone who can't make it, we can always do it another time. This can be a mini-unoffical-meetup.

Hmm... maybe we could even have a regular monthly meetup if folks are up for something like that. Like the third thursday of the month or first friday (with an art walk) or whatever. It seems like we have a "critical mass" of regulars at this point and plenty to talk about. We could make it a new place each month too... maybe DT Durham or Chapel Hill one or twice (Tyler's, Federal, Joyce). I'll head it up if there is interest in the idea.

EDIT: Another idea. We need to get Dan Douglas to come along one time to give us the scoop on DT projects.

I really wanted to make it and we ended up being swamped with too much to do last night. Chris said that the talked to y'all and had a great time. Sorry I didn't get to meet you, yoga, and hang out again with jojo. After next weekend, my Summer will widen up with lots of flexibility! :thumbsup:

It was a good time, and good to meet you Yoga. I'm glad you had the UP sign! :) Those DesignBoxers are a friendly group. I'm enthused about the prospects of SparkCon, which I feel is something our area is desparately missing--a unified voice for the "creative class." Being able to sit and talk on a personal level with the creators of this great idea was really exciting. I've already got some sponsorship ideas.

Hopefully we can get more UP forumers out next time.

Archived