CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

Good work again, g-man430! :thumbsup:

Hmmm, can't say I'm overly thrilled with the sound of this potential new "shopping center" locating on Woodruff Road. Now imagine this: Sam's Club, BJ's, and Costco (all similar wholesale clubs) being within a minute of each other. I suppose it may be necessary once Verdae picks up its residential construction. I wonder what type of stores/restaurants would locate in the five leased-out lots? ^_^

This property has so much more potential than to be used as another wholesale warehouse.Don't get me wrong I think Costco is great and will be welcomed in Greenville,but how about on Laurens rd or Plesentburg drive This store could help turn these areas back around and leave the Prime peice of real estate for something better.

Thanks, guys. I also wish they would have done something much better with this property instead of building a costco and a rooms to go on it. I would have much rather seen those go on Laurens Road or on Pleasantburg Drive too and have seen something like a Bass Pro Shops go up on the Greenville Mall site.

Yeah, disappointing to say the least. That site has such good visibility from I85 and I385, I was hoping for something more unique and impressive.

I don't go to Woodruff Road as it is, I guess I will never go there once the traffic from this project and all the hotels just announced go up.

I'm not really worried about Haywood rd. It seems to do pretty well I still wish costco would go on Laurens to help with redevelopment.

i could see the LOWER or SOUTHERN part of Laurens being a Laurens Road-Like dead zone in a few years. The mall area should be fine, but RTG could start a domino effect. There really isn't much in that area now.

I took time the other day to drive by the old theater, and something is being done to it.I can't remember the company who's logo was all over the signs but it's there for anyone who wants to take a look. It also appears that they have gutted the inside (a few dumpsters full outside) and have started redoing the outside.

There is an article in the Greenville News today confirming Rooms to Go and Costco as part of the redeveloped Greenville Mall site.

Found this today while surfing the web...

http://www.colliers.com/Content/Repositori...ETAILMarket.pdf

This just restates the Costco/Rooms to Go rumors...I guess that will be another empty building on Haywood... :(

Has anyone heard anything about a new Publix in the Augusta Rd area that was mentioned in this report?

Though I would not like to see Costco and Rooms to Go on the Greenville Mall site, they are of some worth to the area. Woodruff Road is currently the place for retail to be.

I went to Greenville Mall last week to bu something and see a friend who works at The Sports Authority. The mall is deserted, but still looks nice on the inside. My friend told me that representatives from Bass Pro Shop visited the site three weeks ago actively searching the site for their upstate South Carolina store. A demolished mall would be great for them to build a new store to their specifications.

Publix would be a good fit on Augusta Street/Road. I think they would fit in well in Lewis Plaza if they built vertically. Maybe they are looking at a store at South Pleasantburg and/or Mauldin Roads to compete with Bi-Lo and Bloom.

Publix would be a good fit on Augusta Street/Road. I think they would fit in well in Lewis Plaza if they built vertically. Maybe they are looking at a store at South Pleasantburg and/or Mauldin Roads to compete with Bi-Lo and Bloom.

There already is a Publix on South Pleasantburg that attracts the Gower/Parkins Mill crowd and even Augusta Street people...

Though I would not like to see Costco and Rooms to Go on the Greenville Mall site, they are of some worth to the area. Woodruff Road is currently the place for retail to be.

I went to Greenville Mall last week to bu something and see a friend who works at The Sports Authority. The mall is deserted, but still looks nice on the inside. My friend told me that representatives from Bass Pro Shop visited the site three weeks ago actively searching the site for their upstate South Carolina store. A demolished mall would be great for them to build a new store to their specifications.

As I asked everyone in another thread: "If Bass Pro Shops announced next week that they would be part of the Greenville Mall site, would it change your opinion of the development?"

I think this is very likely, folks...

I would love to see them come to Greenville. But those stores are massive and I just don't know if there is enough room on that site with Costco, Rooms to Go, Sports Authority, a hotel, and possibly Palmetto Home and Garden. The mall is already backed up to 385 as close as it can be. I would hope that it would have been more important to the developer to land a BPS than a RtG. I just wonder when it will be a done deal.

As I asked everyone in another thread: "If Bass Pro Shops announced next week that they would be part of the Greenville Mall site, would it change your opinion of the development?"

I think this is very likely, folks...

With Costco and Rooms to Go, I'm not sure there would be much property left for a Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World at the Greenville Mall site. It'd be nice to see; however, I wouldn't get my hopes up for it.

Is anyone thinking that the site will go for vertical building mode? I could see The Sports Authority and Rooms To Go in one building on separate levels and maybe something else while adjacent to a parking deck. Some Bass Pro Shops, like Savannah, GA, have two or more levels.

There already is a Publix on South Pleasantburg that attracts the Gower/Parkins Mill crowd and even Augusta Street people...

Somehow Publix thinks its Augusta Street customer base is strong enough to support their own store. They do operate 30,000 square feet stores such as their Atlantic Station, Atlanta, GA store. Being atleast 2.5 milres away from its intersection with Faris Road, I would rather have a Publix nearby instead of driving out to McAlister Square.

• 1 month later...

That's too bad though that Nordstrom isn't coming here because they thought our market was too small, but they also say in the article that 15 to 20 tenants are looking at the site; 75% new to Greenville. Hopefully one of these is indeed Bass Pro Shops.

Edited by g-man430