CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

Someone told me this morning that she was reading the local news online through yahoo and saw an article stating Borders Books was coming to Magnolia Park. She said it even stated that Barnes & Noble has 2 locations here, which we already knew. I have searched but can't find the article anywhere online...anyone else read anything like that? :unsure:

^^^I searched too, but couldn't find the article. I think she's lying or something because Crescent Place is most likely getting a Border's instead of Magnolia Park even though it is possible for both locations to get one seeing how Barnes & Noble has one in both of those areas.

Hot off the presses........Tilly's is about to make a push into the Southeast with stores planned for Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia. An industry newsletter I receive list Greenville and Myrtle Beach as the two South Carolina locations in the works. Article doesn't mention the exact location in the cities, but I would assume either Magnolia, Haywood or possibly downtown. :thumbsup:

http://www.tillys.com/tillys/default.aspx

^^^I searched too, but couldn't find the article. I think she's lying or something because Crescent Place is most likely getting a Border's instead of Magnolia Park even though it is possible for both locations to get one seeing how Barnes & Noble has one in both of those areas.

Borders Group also owns Walden Books, There is a rumor in some financial circles that Border's Group

and Barnes & Noble may soon merge.

Just thought I'd throw that out there

The security guard who drives around in that truck at the old Greenville Mall/Magnolia Park Town Center is an idiot. I was standing there next to Sports Authority not in a restricted area taking pics of the site and then he drives by and stops. He then gets out of his truck and tells me i'm not allowed to take pics of the site. He even makes me delete the pics off my camera. I was about to punch him in the face and have him show me proof that i'm not allowed to take pics, but I decided to leave and not escalate the situation. The only thing left at the site that is to be torn down is the old Montgomery Ward's building. Here are two sucky pics taken from Roper Mtn. Extension to show you the progress:

Picture345.jpg

Picture346.jpg

Edited by g-man430

A similar thing happened to me once when I was in Philadelphia. I was taking a few pictures of a building that houses an organization I am a member of. I was across the street taking pictures, and then I crossed the street to get closer. A security guard walked out of the building and told me that I was not allowed to take pictures of the building, because it is "private property." I thought that was the most ridiculous thing, but after hearing your story it is obviously a common occurrence. Sorry you had to deal with him, but it was probably best to let him "win." Thanks for trying!

^^^He was an old man. If I kicked him in the nuts, he probably would of had a heart attack. I was about to tell him my dad is the developer and I was taking pics for him, but I decided not too. :lol:

G-man, since you have been working for the grammar police lately, I thought you would want to know that you have two errors in your post. Can you find them? :lol:

Maybe Bob Ellis is invlolved somehow! Oh well, I guess we'll hear something in a couple years :rofl:

(sorry couldn't resist)

Vision 2025's main goal: to get Magnolia Parking Lot Town Center's tenant names released to the public. :rofl:

Edited by g-man430

I wonder when something is going to be decided (in public) regarding the County square proposal. On ewould think that once the debris is cleared and construction is underway, the developer would want to know whether it is going to happen. Has anyone heard anything lately?

Who might that be, and what exactly was said? So far we have little to no word from the County about the move - specifically a timetable.

A person with the Shopping Center Group. He said that they're going to take up the issue in a month or two. Hopefully he's right.

A person with the Shopping Center Group. He said that they're going to take up the issue in a month or two. Hopefully he's right.

That timeline makes sense. I had heard it would be announced the end of May / start of June. From everything I hear, it is pretty much a done deal and they are just working out details. Maybe someone that works for the county and reads UP can verify that? :whistling:

Well at least we do have one tidbit of information to report as FACT and no longer speculation:

It seems that the developers of Magnolia Park Town Center aggressively pursued Nordstrom's (God bless their hearts for trying for us!) for the site but Nordstrom's stated that Greenville was just too small of a market for them to move into right now. Oh well.