CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

I can't figure out what direction this development is going (other that the downward spiral from what we were initially given). I guess any kind of business is welcome, retail or not.

Totally downward.......Golfsmith, the Wal-Mart of golf and Blue Cross. Simply pitifull for such a prime piece of property.

Or maybe they are trying to create more of a lifestyle center than just retail. Even though they don't have housing I guess BCBS might bring in people who wouldn't ordinarily visit MP to shop. The whole development seems to be catering to a broader band of people. Maybe it will work. I'm still just confused...

Or maybe they are trying to create more of a lifestyle center than just retail. Even though they don't have housing I guess BCBS might bring in people who wouldn't ordinarily visit MP to shop. The whole development seems to be catering to a broader band of people. Maybe it will work. I'm still just confused...

Menin probably decided to give up on trying to land high-end tenants and build a true lifestyle center. Most of the site has been sitting empty for years and not making any money for them which I am sure was becoming a problem. Large mixed-use town centers aren't really getting built anymore like they were before the recession either. The economics has changed and it's just not feasible to build them anymore.

Edited by gman430

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, yes, this is gorgeous! We really don't need any more green parks and "town center" garbage with hotels, condos, apartments, offices, and great retail. Look at all the available parking spaces this version has - tremendous! Just think how warm and comforting this huge slab of asphalt will be during our chilly July afternoons!

(Yes, that's sarcasm born of complete disappointment. Sorry, I just needed to vent. But at least it's more jobs. Sigh.)

Babaziki, LLC, is a new Greenville-based company that first filed with the State of SC in March of this year and filed an application to register the trademark/servicemark in early April. The business is described as "Restaurant Services." I am always in favor of locally owned businesses.

Last Saturday, someone from the Greenville area posted a message on the Dave & Buster's Facebook page asking when the Greenville SC location would be opening. The reply from Dave & Busters was posted yesterday morning: "We cannot make any official announcements at this time. We are always looking for great new locations! Stay tuned to our social networks for when we do! Thanks!"

• 3 weeks later...